The department of Architectural and Interior Design Engineering was established in 2005. Currently the department offers a Bachelor of Science in Interior Design Engineering. With its technology oriented curriculum, the programme is committed to graduate professional interior designers ready to work in practice and pursue further Postgraduate studies in the field of interior design and related disciplines. Our graduates are empowered with the competences and attributes needed for the development of the profession and communities in Bahrain, the region and worldwide.
Prospective students will be interested in art, design and engineering with an aim to develop their knowledge and skills. Students will develop their creative, critical and analytical skills and learn about being life-long learners to enter the profession of interior design and related industries.
The students will be engaged in design projects throughout their study progression reinforced by a wide range of supportive courses to develop their written, verbal, and visual communications skills. In addition, they will establish a robust understanding of the functional, aesthetic and social roles of interior design. They will broaden and deepen their awareness of construction and rehabilitation technologies, buildings services, and professional regulations implemented in the design and practice of interior spaces and furniture.
The Interior Design Engineering Programme at Gulf University is committed to graduate professional interior designers ready to work in practice and pursue further Postgraduate studies in the field of interior design and related disciplines. Our graduates are empowered with the competences and attributes needed for the development of the profession and communities in Bahrain, the region and worldwide.
The Programme of Bachelor of Science in Interior Design Engineering at Gulf University aims to:
- Provide stimulating learning environment where students’ knowledge and understanding of the interior design theoretical background and professional practice will be developed and interrelated.
- Introduce and practice the multifaceted nature of art, design and engineering to produce capable graduates to enter the profession of interior design or enroll in further higher educations.
- Develop students’ all rounded communications skills needed to conceptualize, develop and present design ideas and projects that facilitate and enrich the interactive dialogues within the design process of interior spaces and products.
- Encourage students to the process of exploration, critical thinking and creativity skills through a well-balanced and organized academic progression that enable them to solve design and technological problems while considering social, economic and sustainability aspects in the field of interior design.
- Introduce and engage students in the professional practice of interior design and develop their team working and leadership skills as well as ethical responsibilities and professional attributes that interior designer shall represent at workplace, with clients and professionals from other disciplines.
- Build Students’ holistic awareness of their leading role in creating interior design of different types of the built environments within local and global context.
- Offer wide range of collaborative activities with partners form the academia, community and industry to reinforce the opportunities for informal leaning and developing interpersonal skills.
- Graduate reflective practitioners, contributors and initiators in the development of their societies.
- The applicant must have a high-school certificate or an equivalent according to the regulations of the Ministry of Education in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- The applicant’s high-school certificate or the certificate of an institute after the high-school must be accepted by the Programme s/he wishes to be enrolled in (arts- science- industrial- commercial) and the GPA must not be less than 60%. Otherwise, the applicant will be enrolled in a preparatory Programme that includes a number of preparatory courses assigned by the relevant college.
- Admission in College of Engineering is only for applicants who have high-school certificates (Science and Industrial branches), and for applicants who were graduated from Applied Technical or Industrial Institutes. Applicants who have high-school (Commercial branch) certificates can be admitted in Interior Design Engineering Programme.
- Applicants must sit for placement tests based on the College of Engineering Admission Criteria, as follows:
- o English Language, Computer Skills, Mathematics and Drawing Skills.
- If the applicant fails in any of the placement tests, s/he is required to study Preparatory Courses relevant to placement test.
- Applicants will be exempted from the placement test in English Language if they have a valid acceptable grade in any of the following: TOEFL (550 PBT / 79 IBT), IELTS (6), FCE 60% or an equivalent.
About the School
Gulf University has been founded based on a strong vision to ensure that it will offer high-quality education and provide graduates with strong intellectual and social foundations, thus helping our gr ... Read More