The mission for Bay Atlantic University is to prepare community and information technology leaders through innovative, high-quality programs, initiatives and services directed to the needs of learners and employers. The program purpose is to educate, mentor, train and develop students that can manage and supervise using effective communication skills, knowledge of evolving technologies, efficient project planning and implementation techniques. The program will provide students with the opportunity to attain a degree that will enhance their opportunities in management and supervisory positions within the information technology field.
Program Learning Goals
- Practical application of computing and mathematics knowledge
- Analytical problem solving and troubleshooting techniques
- Database design and administration with the use of DBMS and SQL
- Data Center technology and management
- Design, implementation, and evaluation of computer-based systems
- Computer programming with C++ and other high-level languages
- Establishing computer networks with hardware and software components
This major will prepare students for job positions such as Computer Network Architect, Computer Support Specialist, Database Administrator, Information Security Analyst, Software Developer, Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning Engineer, Application Developer, Application Support Analyst, Applications Engineer,Associate Developer, Chief Information Officer (CIO), Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Cloud Architect, Cloud Consultant, Cloud Product and Project Manager, Cloud Services Developer, Cloud Software and Network Engineer, Cloud System Administrator, Cloud System Engineer, Computer and Information Research Scientist, Computer and Information Systems Manager, Computer Network Architect, Computer Programmer, Computer Systems Analyst, Computer Systems Manager, Customer Support Administrator, Customer Support Specialist, Data Center Support Specialist, Data Quality Manager, Database Administrator, Desktop Support Manager, Desktop Support Specialist, Developer, Director of Technology.
The BA degree in Information Technology is earned by completing the program course requirements of 120 credit hours. Of these credit hours, 60 credits are core courses, 39 general education credits, and 21 core elective credits. Students must meet their core requirements as well as their general education requirements. In addition, students must meet the following criteria:
- Students enrolled in the undergraduate program must maintain a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 2.0 out of 4.0 to qualify for the BA degree, to remain in good standing, and to graduate.
- The Maximum Time Frame (MTF) for completion of the BA program is 180 credits.
- An undergraduate student may transfer up to 60 credit hours earned at accredited institutions.
- No degree credit is received by an undergraduate for any failing grade (a grade less than D, or 1.00 out of 4.00-grade points).
About the School
Bay Atlantic University was established in 2013 as a private but non-profit institution of higher education which aims at providing a unique and invaluable opportunity to train world citizens who poss ... Read More