The BSIT (Bachelor of Science in Information technology) course offered by Westcliff University is an interdisciplinary program that offers pathways for students who want to pursue careers in the growing field of Information Technology. The program focuses on addressing business challenges and creating new opportunities with technology. The students pursuing this program will gain the necessary skills to solve business challenges through data analysis using Information Technology. The objective of Westcliff University’s BSIT program is to produce graduates who can utilize Information Technology to carry out data analysis and solve business problems.
- Evaluate current and emerging technologies.
- Identify and gather user requirements to design user-friendly interfaces.
- Apply, configure, and manage IT technologies
- Utilize data to help business gain insights to help them make better decisions.
- Access IT impact on individuals, organization, and the environment.
- Apply IT concepts and strategies to solve a real-world problem.
- Conduct researches in the field of information technology and related fields.
Program Breakdown by Course
General Education Courses:
- LIT 150 English Literature
- ENG 120 English Composition: Introduction to Communication
- MAT 135 College Algebra
- ART 100 Art History
- HUM 165 Human Geography
- POL 220 World Politics
- PSY 235 Introduction to Psychology
- SOC 245 Introduction to Sociology
- SCI 280 Environmental Science
- PHIL 190 Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
IT Core Courses:
- BSIT 315 (BUS 303) Information Technology Essentials
- BSIT 320 Introduction to Statistical Analysis
- BSIT 325 Applied Statistics for Optimization
- BSIT 330 Discrete Mathematics
- BSIT 335 Web Page Design and Development
- BSIT 340 Data Programming Concepts
- BSIT 345 Data Programming Languages
- BSIT 350 (BUS 304) Database Design & Management Systems
- BSIT 355 Technical Writing and Communication
- BSIT 360 Introduction to Data Communication Networks
- BSIT 365 (BUS 306) Computer Networking Concepts, Administration & Security
- BSIT 370 (BUS 307) Business Intelligence Tools & Technologies
- BSIT 375 Knowledge Discovery and Data Science
- BSIT 380 (BUS 308) Big Data Analytics
- BSIT 385 Data Visualization
- BUS 300 Foundations of Business
- BUS 305 Principles of Accounting
- BUS 310 Concepts of Microeconomics
- BUS 311 Concepts of Macroeconomics
- BUS 325 Introduction to Leadership
- BUS 330 Principles of Marketing
- BUS 334 Essentials of Corporate Finance
- BUS 349 Foundations in Operations Management
- BUS 355 The Essentials of Entrepreneurship
- BUS 387 Introduction to Business Research
- BSIT 390 Capstone Project
- BSIT 327 Computer Hardware Fundamentals
- BSIT 328 System Analysis and Design
- BSIT 329 Artificial Intelligence
- BSIT 332 Software Quality Assurance
- BSIT 333 Mobile Computing and Programming
- BSIT 341 Calculus I
- BSIT 342 Linear Algebra for Data Science
- BSIT 343 Advanced Programming using Python/Java
- BSIT 344 Advanced Web Programming and Application Development
- BSIT 348 Cloud Computing
Total 120 credit hours
Skwire, D., & Wiener, H. S. (2016). Students book of college English: Rhetoric, reader, research guide, and handbook (14th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
James, M., Merickel, A., Loyd, G., & Perkins, J. (2017). Reading literature and writing argument (6th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
Gustafson, R. D., & Hughes, J. D. (2017). College algebra (12th ed.). Belmont, CA: Brooks/Cole, Cengage Learning.
Stokstad, M., & Cothren, M. W. (2018). Art history (6th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.
Malinowski, J. C., & Kaplan, D. H. (2013). Human geography (1st ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill.
Blanton, S. L., & Kegley, C. W. (2017). World Politics: Trend and transformation (16th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.
Kalat, J. W. (2017). Introduction to psychology (11th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.
Henslin, J. M. (2017). Essentials of sociology (12th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
Hassenzahl, D. M., Hager, M. C., & Berg, L. R. (2017). Visualizing environmental science (5th ed.). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
Moore, B. N., & Parker, R. (2016). Critical thinking (12th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Education.
Nickels, W. G., McHugh, J. M., & McHugh, S. M. (2016). Understanding business (11th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Education.
Wild, J. J., Shaw, K. W., & Chiappetta, B. (2017). Fundamental accounting principles (23rd ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Education.
Frank, R. H., Bernanke, B., Antonovics, K. L., Heffetz, O., & Norander, P. J. (2016). Principles of microeconomics (6th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Education.
Frank, R. H., & Bernanke, B. (2016). Principles of Macroeconomics (6th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill.
Manning, G., & Curtis, K. (2014). The art of leadership (5th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Education.
Kerin, R. A., & Hartley, S. W. (2019). Marketing (14th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Education.
Ross, S. A., Westerfield, R., & Jordan, B. D. (2015). Fundamentals of corporate finance (11th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw Hill Education.
Stevenson, W. J. (2014). Operations management (12th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Education.
Hisrich, R. D., Peters, M. P., & Shepherd, D. A. (2017). Entrepreneurship (10th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Education.
Hair, J. F., Celsi, M., Ortinau, D. J., & Bush, R. P. (2016). Essentials of marketing research (4th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Education.
Thompson, A. A., Peteraf, M. A., Gamble, J. E., & Strickland, A. J. (2017). Crafting and executing strategy: The quest for competitive advantage: Concepts and cases (21st ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill.
(Programs of four hundred fifty (450) or more clock hours or the credit hour equivalent shall administer a basic skills examination to each student who enrolls unless the student has provided evidence of a high school graduation diploma, general equivalency diploma, or its equivalent.)
About the School
Westcliff University was established to provide quality education for students wishing to enter the fast growing fields of Business and Education. Westcliff University, which received its initial appr ... Read More