The BS in Information Security degree program is designed to develop expertise in the area of information and network security. The program's main objective is to provide the management skills and technical knowledge needed to plan, acquire, operate, manage and evaluate an organization's information security operations. Students enrolled in this program are expected to pursue a plan of study to assure professional competence and breadth of knowledge in the field of information and network security. The emphasis of this program is on applying proven and innovative practices for building industry-standard secure systems, applications, and networks. The program will go a long way toward meeting the growing need for information technology specialists with competence in IT in a broad sense along with relevant expertise in information and network security.
- Alumni will serve in UAE organizations of all sizes and employ their knowledge of information and network security, principles, theories, and applications in their job roles.
- Alumni will be engaged in designing, analyzing, auditing, testing, implementing and acquiring information and network security solutions for their organizations.
- Alumni will serve UAE society by being aware of the methodologies, techniques, tools, and skills necessary for participating, competing and developing strong and cost-effective information and network security solutions and products.
- Alumni will be committed to the highest standards of ethical practice relevant to the information and network security profession.
- Alumni will be able to encounter UAE market expectations with a set of professional skills including information and network security new technologies and tools, communication skills and team works.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply security principles and practices to maintain operations in the presence of risks and threats.
About the School
The United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling approximately 13,900 students, with more than 900 faculty and 65,000 alumni holding key positions ... Read More