The Bachelor of Science Degree in Human Biology at Logan University is for students interested in a health sciences career and is offered online or on-campus in Chesterfield, MO.
Students may begin the program as a first-time freshman or transfer student.
Logan's Bachelor's in Human Biology degree provides students with the science background needed to enter the health sciences industry.
Graduates can advance their health sciences career including entering the health care workforce, applying to graduate programs and applying for admissions to professional health programs such as medicine, osteopathy, podiatry, chiropractic or dentistry.
The Bachelor of Science degree in Human Biology consists of 122 credit hours.
Applicants should have a High Diploma with an overall cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale. The general education requirements listed below are transferable from other accredited educational institutions if each course was completed with a letter grade of ‘C’ or better. Courses with a grade below a ‘C’ are not transferable.
Bachelor of Science Degree Requirements
Only students who have satisfied all of the following requirements are eligible to receive a Bachelor of Science degree from Logan University.
- The student must be in good academic standing and must have completed satisfactorily the required course of study as presented at Logan.
- The student must have completed a minimum residency of three trimesters of full-time enrollment at Logan and a 2.00 CGPA minimum.
- Candidates for the Bachelor of Science degree must have earned at least 50 percent of the required major credits at Logan.
- The student must have demonstrated satisfactory professional ethics and moral conduct in all phases of student life.
- The student must have discharged all financial indebtedness to Logan and must have received clearance from all departments.
General Education Core Curriculum
Logan University promotes learning through liberal arts integration within discipline directed education. We want our graduates to become well-rounded citizens who are proficient in their field of study and have skills in quantitative reasoning and effective communication, an appreciation of fine arts, experience with models of scientific, historical and societal inquiry, the ability and knowledge to apply information management philosophies and techniques, and an understanding of intercultural diversity concepts.
In order to support the Missouri Department of Education (MDHE) Credit Transfer Guidelines for Student Transfer and Articulation Among MO Colleges and Universities (Policies and Guidelines, 2005), Logan University’s general education plan consists of a common core of curriculum offerings necessary to equip graduates for successful and fulfilled lives as educated and active citizens.
Human Biology pre-requisite courses
- BIOL01112 General Biology II 3. Credit(s)
- BIOL0L112 General Biology II Lab 1. Credit(s)
- CHEM01102 General Chemistry II 3 Credit(s)
- CHEM0L102 General Chemistry II Lab 1 Credit(s)
- CHEM02201 Organic Chemistry I 3 Credit(s)
- CHEM0L201 Organic Chemistry I Lab 1 Credit(s)
- CHEM02202 Organic Chemistry II 3 Credit(s)
- CHEM0L202 Organic Chemistry II Lab 1 Credit(s)
- PHYS01101 Physics I 3 Credit(s)
- PHYS0L101 Physics I Lab 1 Credit(s)
- PHYS01102 Physics II 3 Credit(s)
- PHYS0L102 Physics II Lab 1 Credit(s)
Integrated Health Courses
- MEDT01101 Medical Terminology 3 Credit(s)
- HLTS02101 Future Trends in Healthcare 3 Credit(s)
- HLTS02102 Cultural Awareness in Healthcare 3 Credit(s)
Human Biology Upper Division Courses
- ANAT03101 Anatomy & Physiology I 3 Credit(s)
- ANAT0L101 Anatomy & Physiology I Lab 1 Credit(s)
- ANAT03201 Anatomy & Physiology II 3 Credit(s)
- ANAT0L201 Anatomy & Physiology II Lab 1 Credit(s)
- BIOL03102 Embryo & Cell Biology 3 Credit(s)
- BIOL04101 Genetics 3 Credit(s)
- BIOL04102 Immunology 3 Credit(s)
- BCHM0L101 Biochemistry I Lab 1 Credit(s)
- BCHM0L201 Biochemistry II Lab 1 Credit(s)
- BCHM03101 Biochemistry I 3 Credit(s)
- BCHM04201 Biochemistry II 3 Credit(s)
- MATH03101 Biostatistics 3 Credit(s)
- MICR03101 Microbiology I 3 Credit(s)
- MICR0L101 Microbiology I Lab 1 Credit(s)
- MICR04201 Microbiology II 3 Credit(s)
- MICR0L201 Microbiology II Lab 1 Credit(s)
- PUBH01101 Introduction to Public Health 3 Credit(s)
Human Biology Capstone Courses
Students select one Capstone/Internship to complete Human Biology degree.
- CAPS04102 Pre-Med Capstone/Internship 3 Credit(s)
- CAPS04103 Pre-Dentistry Capstone/Internship 3 Credit(s)
- CAPS04104 Pre-Allied Health Professions Capstone/Internship 3 Credit(s)
- CAPS04101 Health Science Capstone/Internship 3 Credit(s)
About the School
Since 1935, Logan University has remained grounded in chiropractic education, while continuously enriching academic options with degree offerings in health sciences. Logan University graduates employ ... Read More