The Bachelor of Science in Health and Safety Management provides a flexible, relevant, and current curriculum that includes opportunities for students to gain knowledge in health and safety theory and practice, which are necessary in order to function at a professional level within the modern workplace. The curriculum demonstrates a combination of technical and managerial aspects necessary to design, develop and implement health and safety management systems whilst considering environmental impacts and aspects.
- Degree endorsed by the University of Missouri, St. Louis (USA).
- Curriculum designed with input from local industry experts; workplace visits and off-site practical applications.
- Placement on Internship during the summer semesters in Year 3.
- International faculty with a global and wide-ranging industrial experience.
The Program prepares you for global employment in a rapidly expanding area. Graduates are capable of starting a career in any industry, including transport and logistics, construction and demolition, chemical and oil & gas industries, as well as at local Government and white collar organizations.
Graduating students from this programme will be able to:
- Develop and implement health and safety management systems, policy and procedures ensuring they comply with current legislation and industry standards
- Develop and manage risk management systems including active monitoring, and reactive monitoring; conduct health and safety training
- Conduct monitoring for hazardous physical, chemical, and biological agent
- Direct accident investigations to determine the root cause of the accident
- Recognized General Education Diploma or its equivalent.
- English proficiency equivalent to IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL-iBT 65.
Applicants who do not have official IELTS or TOEFL scores are required to take MCBS English Placement Test. Based on the scores obtained in this test, students are allowed to begin their credit courses or register in the foundation program.
Duration: any Bachelor degree requires about 8 semesters or 4 years
Total credits: 120
Program delivery: 12-15 credits per normal semester and 6 credits per summer semester
Internship: placement on a 3-month internship
Courses: apart from courses closely related to the Program subject matter, students take general education courses(60 credits):
- Communication skills: 9 credits
- Humanities: 9 credits
- Social Science: 9 credits
- Math/Computer skills: 9 credits
- Natural Science: 3 credits
- General Business requirements: 21 credits
"The Bachelors in Health and Safety Management is designed for students with little or no knowledge or experience in occupational safety and health, and for those wishing to further their existing health and safety knowledge and career. It gives students a comprehensive knowledge base in occupational safety and health and a thorough understanding of the legal, managerial and practical aspects, which provides students with the tools for a career as a leader within occupational health and safety".
Ian Phillips, Dept. of Business and Economics at MCBS
About the School
The Modern College of Business and Science (MCBS) in the Sultanate of Oman is a private College licensed by the Ministry of Higher Education and established in 1996. In 2004, MCBS sought institution a ... Read More