Full Sail University
As an artist, you understand that even the smallest details contribute to rich user experience. It’s a unique perspective that colors your worldview and extends to imagined spaces, characters, and scenarios.
In Full Sail’s Game Art program, you’ll learn to create 3D content to suit any game – no matter the mood, genre, or platform.
- Game Animation - Students learn techniques to digitize motion, edit sequences, and develop an understanding of simulated motion.
- Motion Capture - Students have their first opportunity to produce animated sequences for gameplay, developing an understanding of animation as it applies to the game industry.
- Level Assembly & Lighting - This course continues to expand students' understanding of game requirements with a focus on constructing a playable level.
Creative Minds Scholarship
Before You Apply
The first step is to talk to an admission representative about your plans, what program you're considering, and when you'd like to begin school.
Here are a few ways Full Sail University's admissions process is different:
- No traditional application deadlines: Classes begin monthly for most programs, so you can apply anytime and start on the date that works best for you.
- Program design and course order: You do not need to sign up for specific classes every semester – all of our programs have a predetermined program design and course order.
- Acceleration: Full Sail's undergraduate programs are taken on an accelerated schedule and can be completed in as little as 20 months.
How to Apply
If you've spoken to an admissions representative and completed your interview, and you're ready to begin the application process, there are several items you'll need to have ready:
- Government-Issued photo identification such as a driver's license, passport, or state-issued ID card.
- Verification of English proficiency if English is not your primary language (all required documentation that is not in English must be accompanied by a certified English translation).
Once you have these items, you're ready to begin the online application. Completing your application will take 30-45 minutes, and you can save your application if you run out of time or need to gather additional information.
After You've Applied
- If you haven't already completed your admissions interview, that will be your next step. An admissions representative will reach out to schedule an interview at a convenient time for you.
- If you have completed your interview, your enrollment guide will reach out to finalize your application and gather additional information.
You will also receive an email that gives you access to our Launch Portal, where you'll be able to submit documentation and complete the final steps for enrollment.
Additional Requirements for Online Students and Specific Degrees
Computer Animation and Game Art
Applicants should possess artistic skills. Traditional visual art classes and a foundation in sketching, sculpting, and painting are recommended prior to entering the program.
Enrollment Options for Campus Degrees
Our accelerated degree programs let you graduate quicker than at a traditional four-year university. They're designed to help you experience a typical entertainment industry schedule and put your degree to work faster. These 20-month programs typically include two classes per month plus a career module, totaling around 35 hours per week of classes.
These degree tracks share all the curriculum of our 20-month programs. And while they're still at an accelerated pace compared to traditional four-year universities, the additional nine months of study may afford students:
- More funding options, including an additional academic year of federal financial aid for those that are eligible.
- A lower average per-semester tuition cost due to the additional nine months (although the total tuition does not change).
- A smaller course load per month with around 17.5 hours per week of classes.
- More personal schedule flexibility and the opportunity to work outside of school.
Flexible enrollment options allow students to take up to four courses online at the beginning of their program and continue the rest of their education on campus. It includes the same curriculum as the 20-month and 29-month programs but with a few advantages:
- Savings on living expenses and housing during the first four months of your education.
- More time to secure housing and solidify relocation plans.
- A jump start on your education with the ability to start school sooner.
About the School
Full Sail is dedicated to helping creative students follow their dreams in the entertainment and media industry. Whether they are passionate about music, art and design, web and technology, filmmaking ... Read More