Food & Nutrition science sits at the interface of a number of core scientific disciplines. Our degree course opens up a wide range of rewarding and challenging career opportunities; it equips graduates with the knowledge and skills to tackle the challenge of producing and manufacturing food for a growing global population.
The UAE’s food and beverage sector will need to more than 4 times in size over the next five years to meet the demand for hotel and retail projects currently under development in Dubai. About 19,000 extra f&b outlets are expected in the UAE by 2019.
Upon successful completion of the program, the students shall:
- Get an overall exposure to various aspects of Food & Nutrition Science and its applications.
- Understand the potential of Food & Nutrition Science through the knowledge of Food Processing techniques, Food Manufacturing techniques, and Food quality Testing techniques, Food nutritional values, Lab Experiments, and Project work.
- Develop various laboratory skill sets required to be a successful Food Technol.
- Modern classrooms with Wi-Fi internet connectivity, projection systems.
- Approximately 1,200 square meters of laboratory space which is well-equipped with state-of-the-art scientific instruments.
- Advanced laboratory facilities for Molecular Biology, Cytogenetic-Microscopy, and Imaging, Cell and Tissue Engineering.
- The state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are equipped with Food & Nutrition Science-based lab equipment such as a laminar hood, light microscope, Microbial incubator, Microbial colony counter, micro-centrifuge, UV spectrophotometer, UV-Transilluminato, PCR and Gel Documentation, and ELISA reader.
- Students are taught using conventional as well as modern methods, including whiteboard, videos, discussions and assignments/lab, and project work.
- Frequent field visits to industries and conferences are part of the learning process.
- Students present their research work at regional seminars and are encouraged to attend workshops and training in higher-level skills.
After successfully completing the BSc Food & Nutrition Science degree; the candidates can work in the following sectors:
- Food Processing & Manufacturing Industries
- Milk and Dairy Industries
- Water and Beverages Industries
- Food and Water testing Companies
- HACCP Certified Companies
- Quality Assurance & Quality Control Companies
- Research and Development labs
For admission to the BSc in Food & Nutrition Science, a candidate must have passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry & Biology or Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics with at least 50% aggregate marks.
About the School
Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Dubai Campus is a branch campus of MAHE (Deemed to be University), Manipal India with over 64 years legacy; 400,000+ Alumni & the largest private deemed to be ... Read More