The bachelor degree in Finance prepares students in three areas:
- Corporate finance: Students focus on tools and techniques for valuing productive assets, choosing ways of funding them and gauging financial success. The focus is on aligning corporate strategy and financial decisions and enhancing firm value through judicious financial decisions.
- Investments: Students understand the nature and dynamics of financial markets, including stock, bond and derivatives markets. They learn how to invest in these markets to enhance returns and reduce risk.
- Islamic Banking and Finance: Students learn about basic Islamic principles of finance and contracting. They learn about how modern-day Islamic banks; insurance companies and money management firms are modifying and customizing the traditional practice to conform to Sharia principles. These unique insights prepare them for a career in the growing Islamic Finance industry.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge with regard to financial and non-financial corporations’ capital allocation decisions and the evaluation of the financial performance of corporations.
- Explain the functioning of domestic and international financial markets and the role these markets play in the performance of an economy as well as in the creation of internationally diversified investment portfolios.
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge in modern portfolio theory as well as in the pricing and use of financial securities.
- Demonstrate how the primary business functions (e.g. Strategy, Production, Marketing, etc.) contribute to organizational effectiveness and explain how major external factors (e.g., consumer preferences, economic factors, legislation, etc.) impact organizations.
- Identify and solve business problems through the application of financial management and general business knowledge.
- Conduct research in a chosen area of specialization and document the research results.
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally, and deliver professional-level presentations.
- Operate individually and contribute to team effectiveness with only general supervision.
- Demonstrate leadership skills in self- development at the individual and team level.
- Recognize and resolve ethical dilemmas in the workplace, and explain the basic principle of corporate social responsibility.
See 6 more programs offered by Zayed University »
Last updated July 2, 2019
This course is