Bachelor of Science in Finance and Economics
The Carson-Newman Department of Business provides students an opportunity for a unique learning experience in a Christian liberal arts environment. The Department of Business adopts the Carson-Newman University Statement of Purpose as it endeavors to educate its students broadly in areas relevant to their future roles as Christian business and community leaders in a global society.
The Department of Business strives to:
- become a premier business program.
- teach with excellence in a professional, caring and nurturing manner.
- present a progressive curriculum that is challenging and integrated.
- produce professionally, ethically, and technically prepared servant leaders.
- contribute to the environmental preservation & economic development of the region.
- provide students with Christian leadership and mentoring models.
Students with a Finance major are prepared to manage investments, manage risk, budget, and obtain capital, and analyze real estate transactions. Graduates work in personal finance, business finance, and as entrepreneurs. They usually achieve professional certifications such as the CFP or CFA.
About the School
There’s no better way for you to imagine being here than to visit us. Being at Carson-Newman is the best way to know how you fit at this top-ranked liberal arts university, founded in 1851. See what y ... Read More