Bachelor of Science in Environmental Planning and Management
The BS EPM course is anchored on the twin objectives of environmental sustainability and sound socio-economic growth. Urban planning courses provide you with present-day planning software technologies, covering Geographic Information System, urban and rural spatial development, environmental hazards and site vulnerability assessment, and Computer-Aided Design Techniques.
Why take up EPM at MC?
In addition to its strong curriculum and expert faculty members MC’s business administration program offers several key advantages:
Exposes the student to air and water pollution analysis as an input to environmental impact assessments for development-oriented but environmentally critical projects
Equips students with technical knowledge on environmental quality standards and environmental cost accounting needed in assisting corporate entities to be compliant with local and environmental regulations while maintaining productivity and viability
Equips students with the necessary attitudes and skills that make them truly a steward of God’s creation through the curriculum, administration, campus practices, research, and outreach practice; Miriam College is a Dark Green School and is a winner of the 2013 Search for Sustainable and Eco-friendly Schools
What Will I Study?
Here are some of the topics and courses you will take:
- Urban and Regional Planning
- This course introduces you to the basic concepts and human settlements growth and development. It will enable you to paint in broad strokes the practice of urban and regional planning in the Philippine context.
- GIS-based Mapping and Spatial Analysis
- Sustainable Building Architecture
- Natural Resources and Ecosystem Management
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Air and Water Quality Monitoring
- Computer-Aided Design Techniques
- Site Planning
Masters in Environmental Planning
Your BS in Environmental Planning degree from Miriam College will allow you to enroll one more year to obtain a Masters in Environmental Planning (4+1 program). This will prepare you better for the Licensure Exam for Environmental Planners.
In your 5th year, you will take up a comprehensive exam and 18 units of the following courses:
- Environmental Planning Processes, Tools, and Techniques
- Environmental Plan Implementation
- Settlement and Estate Planning
- Protected Area Management
- Environmental Policy Analysis
- Environmental Economics
- Career options include professions such as:
- Environmental planners
- Pollution control officers
- Environmental consultants
- Academician and researchers
- Government personnel
- Real Estate developers
- Environmental advocates
- Development workers
About the School
The story of Miriam College dates back to 1926 when the Archbishop of Manila, then Reverend Michael O’ Doherty, requested the Sisters of the Maryknoll Congregation in New York to initiate a teacher-tr ... Read More