Are You Interested in Making a Career in Entertainment Management?
Bay State College has a program in the Entertainment Management field with two concentrations: Music Industry and Audio Production.
"No audition required! This is a program to get you working in the music industry."
About the Entertainment Management Program
If being in the music business is your goal, the Entertainment Management program is the springboard to get you on your way. You’ll need real-life skills that you can obtain as part of a Bay State College degree. Graduates of Bay State’s Entertainment Management program have gotten jobs at companies like Live Nation, Walt Disney, Cirque du Soleil, CBS radio and more—thanks to Bay State’s focused, job-oriented curriculum. Through practical classes and hands-on experience you can:
- Master the art of presentation, negotiation and management—as well as business skills.
- Work with professors who have industry experience—and share it.
- Host weekly live shows at The Spot, a state-of-the-art, 70-capacity club run entirely by Bay State College Entertainment Management students.
- Join an Entertainment Management organization, like Bay State College Radio, the Audio Engineering Society (AES) and the Music & Entertainment Industry Student Association (MEISA).
- Complete two or more required hands-on industry internships.
- Receive ongoing access to the Bay State College Career Services Department, connecting you with in-field opportunities throughout your program and career.
Entertainment Management Concentrations
Music Industry Concentration
The Music Industry Concentration offers you a hands-on education that gives you a head start onto a career in the music industry—one of the toughest businesses out there. Bay State students in the Music Industry concentration learn:
- Artist management
- Tour management
- Concert production management
- Venue management
- And more!
Audio Production Concentration
The Audio Production Concentration gives you hands-on experience in recording studios, with the experience you need to get started in the studio. Bay State students in the Audio Production concentration learn:
- Audio theory and recording
- Studio recording
- Live sound engineering
- Sound design
- And more!
Entertainment Management Day Classes
Discover a diverse, but close-knit community of students, faculty and staff at our Boston campus, located in the historic Back Bay neighborhood.
- Duration: 8 semesters
- Semester Length: 16 weeks
- Program Length: 4 years
- Fall 2019: Tuesday, September 3, 2019
- Application Deadline: Rolling Admissions
The online program offering is available only with the Music Industry Concentration.
Sample Entertainment Management Degree Courses
- Introduction to the Music Industry
- Venue Management
- Concert Promotion Management
- Artist Management
- Tour Management
- Concert Production Management
- Mass Media
- Music Management Internship I and II
Entertainment Management Program Mission
The mission of the Music Industry Program at Bay State College is to provide the highest-quality education in the live and recorded-music fields, centered on the development of critical thinking, business knowledge, and practical marketing skills, to empower our graduates to pursue successful and meaningful careers in the music industry.
Entertainment Management Program Learning Outcomes
- Develop students’ ability to use critical thinking and analytical skills to synthesize information from multiple sources and be able to make informed business decisions.
- Develop in students a set of ethical and legal standards when making managerial decisions in music-industry organizations.
- Develop students’ ability to use technology to create reports and gain presentation skills to communicate relevant information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide students the opportunity to work in groups to define managerial problems, determine alternatives, and implement solutions.
- Provide students with knowledge of the different types of economies in a changing global environment and how to react to opportunities in that world.
- Provide students the opportunity to develop broad-based decision models and understand current business and music trends.
Employers of Our Music Graduates
- Walt Disney Companies
- Cirque du Soleil
- Back Bay Events Center
- Live Nation
- Clear Channel
- Boston Red Sox
- CBS Radio
- Entercom Boston
- Universal Music Group
- Boston Harbor Cruises
- Ready to amplify your ambitions? Opt to complete an Audio Production Minor by fulfilling your electives with courses like Desktop Audio, Live Sound Engineering, Studio Recording, and more!
Entertainment Management Degree Accreditation
Bay State College is is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE, formerly NEASC).
The New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) accredits schools and colleges in the six New England states (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont). Membership in one of the six regional accrediting associations in the United States indicates that the school or college has been carefully evaluated and found to meet the standards agreed upon by qualified educators.
Bay State College is authorized to award the following degrees by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: Associate in Science, Associate in Applied Science, Bachelor of Science.
Are you and Bay State a good fit? In accepting qualified candidates into a degree program, we look at a variety of factors that represent the whole person.
Our admissions process is designed to match your interests, skill sets and goals to the appropriate program. We ask that all applicants speak with an admissions representative to allow us to get a feel for your preferences. As much as we want to make sure you are a good fit for Bay State, we want to make sure you feel the same.
Bay State College accepts applications on a rolling basis – the earlier you get your application in, the earlier you will have a decision.
International Admissions Requirements
- The following steps are required in order to apply to Bay State College:
- A completed International Student Application and admission processing fee of USD $40.
- Official TOEFL score of 513 on the paper based test, 183 on the CBT or 70 on the ibT, or a 6.0 on the IELTS if native language is not English (or language school affiliate equivalent). We also accept the iTEP (Academic-Plus test ONLY) overall score of 4.0 or higher.
- Submission of Official final high school grades, scores or transcripts translated to English, if needed, including an explanation of the grading system.
- Official College Transcript-Translated (if you are a transfer student).
- Transcripts from schools outside of the United States must be evaluated by a current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) and the Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc. (AICE) if:
- The applicant’s transcript is being used to verify Proof of Graduation; or
- The applicant’s transcript(s) are being reviewed for transfer credit eligibility into a Bay State College program.
Evaluations must include:
- Translation of transcript(s) into English
- The equivalency of your credentials in terms of a U.S. education
- A converted GPA calculation into U.S. standards
If accepted to the college, the following will be required prior to receiving an I-20:
- Financial documentation in the form of current, original bank statements totaling the cost of tuition and information explaining who will be financially responsible for the student while in the United States. Further explanation of minimum financial requirements will be reviewed with the Admissions department.
- A letter of support from the person who intends to help make tuition payments.
The following are required (In addition to the above) before being presented to the Admissions Committee for acceptance:
- Health insurance waiver
- Immunization Records
- Signed Payment Plan
- Signed Enrollment Documents
- The Admissions Office reserves the right to request additional information to determine admissions eligibility.
About the School
For over 70 years, Bay State College has built a reputation for offering a unique, high-quality curriculum for the serious student. Thanks to our small classes, individualized attention, and a faculty ... Read More