S.P.U. Engineering and Computer Science graduates are ready to:
- Serve God and others by developing real solutions to real problems.
- Lead teams to design creative, sustainable systems — close to home or globally.
- Engage the world by understanding what people need and how to help them.
Here’s where it all begins:
General Engineering (BS) — Where you'll learn how to create solutions to real problems using engineering techniques. Accredited by EAC-ABET.
Consider one of three concentrations:
- In the Mechanical Engineering concentration, you’ll design and build systems that move, stand strong, and transfer energy. Examples: transportation systems, structures, and engines.
- In the Appropriate and Sustainable Engineering concentration, prepare to help people around the globe meet their full potential by partnering with them to learn about and design systems that meet their needs.
- With no concentration, you’ll equip yourself for any number of options by pursuing this flexible degree with plenty of room for customization.
Electrical Engineering (BS) — Where you’ll learn to design high-tech new systems for everything from tiny smart sensors and communication devices to new modes of transportation and efficient power generation. Accredited by EAC-ABET.
Computer Engineering (BS) — Focused on the design and construction of computers and computer-based systems, with a strong basis in computer science, digital electronics, and engineering. Accredited by EAC-ABET.
Computer Science (BA, BS) — Learn about computer software and hardware, and how data is transformed into useful information. The BS in CSC emphasizes scientific and engineering foundations and applications. Choose the BA in CSC to combine computing with another major or minor in any other field.
Information Systems (BS) — In which you’ll learn how to integrate high-tech solutions with organizational processes to meet the information needs of for-profit and nonprofit organizations.
3-2 Transfer Program — Where you can complete three years of engineering at S.P.U. with two at UW or WSU. Graduate with a BA in Physical Sciences from S.P.U. and a BS from the other school.
You can also minor in General Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
Four reasons to choose S.P.U.’s Department of Engineering and Computer Science
We’re hands-on. Our programs are all about putting theory into practice, through small class sizes, design-and-build projects, and internships. You’ll learn by doing, so you’ll graduate with confidence to tackle new challenges.
We’re community-oriented. Small class sizes bring you together in a supportive, close-knit environment. And your professors will always encourage the pursuit of excellence — but never at the expense of others.
We’re Christ-centered. We stress servant leadership, applying S.P.U.’s mission statement of “engaging the culture and changing the world” to your studies. So you’ll learn how to use the best technology for the best causes, wherever you end up in the world.
We’re employer-recommended. Our Seattle location gives you a clear advantage when it’s time for internships and job placement. Placement rates into the career world are high for our graduates.
Our mission is to equip you with the theory and skills you need to utilize, create, and implement appropriate solutions in engineering and computing disciplines. Within a supportive Christian community, we prepare you to become a responsible and effective servant-leader.
About the School
The American Consortium of Universities (ACU) facilitates international student admission to graduate and undergraduate programs at its member institutions, which offer a wide range of excellent acade ... Read More