The Electrical Engineering program is designed to provide students with a strong foundation in Electrical Engineering through lectures and laboratory work. Graduates are prepared for responsible engineering positions in design, development, research, applications, and operation in all fields related to Electrical Engineering. The curriculum is built around strong basic courses in mathematics, physics and engineering science. This is followed by a set of core courses covering the breadth of the program, such as circuits, electronics, electromagnetics, digital logic, signals and systems, control, microprocessors, electric energy conversion, power systems, and computer programming. The Electrical Engineering undergraduate program in the College of Engineering at the United Arab Emirates University is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
- PEO-1: Have distinguished careers in electrical engineering and related fields and perform leadership roles to serve the industry and the community.
- PEO-2: Achieve industry goals related to electrical engineering by using innovative ideas and adopting emerging technologies.
- PEO-3: Incorporate teamwork, communication, and interpersonal skills to be productive in multidisciplinary environments with the awareness of ethical and social responsibilities.
- PEO-4: Continue to develop their knowledge and skills through, graduate studies, continuing education, and training.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- Apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- Function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- Develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- Acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
About the School
The United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling approximately 13,900 students, with more than 900 faculty and 65,000 alumni holding key positions ... Read More