This program deals with the study and use of technology and applied science involving electrical phenomena. It involves the application of the basic theories in the design, installation, operation, and maintenance of electrical apparatuses and systems as they are used in the generation, transmission, distribution, and utilization of electrical energy for various commercial, industrial, and other purposes.
It is important that the student builds a good foundation in the areas of mathematics and physical science. It is oriented towards the understanding of the basic theory and concepts needed for entry into any of the many activities in the profession including but not limited to design, operations and management, teaching, sales, and consulting.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Within the five years after graduation, the graduates of the Electrical Engineering program shall have:
- Undertaken, singly or in teams, projects that show ability to solve complex engineering problems.
- Had substantial involvement in projects that take into consideration safety, health, environmental concerns and the public welfare, partly through adherence to required codes and laws.
- Demonstrated professional success via promotions and/or positions of increasing responsibility.
- Demonstrated life-long learning via progress toward completion of an advanced degree, professional development/continuing education courses, or industrial training courses.
- Exhibited professional behavior and attitude in engineering practice.
- Initiated and implemented actions toward the improvement of engineering practice
EECE PROGRAM/STUDENT OUTCOMES
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret from data
- an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability, in accordance with standards
- an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- an ability to communicate effectively
- the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in the global, economic, environmental and societal context
- a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- a knowledge of contemporary issues
- an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environment
About the School
Founded on January 25, 1925, Mapúa University (formerly Mapúa Institute of Technology) remains the leading technological academic institution and biggest engineering school in the Philippines.