BAU’s program in Data Science integrates scientific methods from statistics, computer science, and data-based business management to extract knowledge from data and drive decision making.
The BA in Data Science curriculum provides students with rigorous applications and practices a pathway for student internships and full-time employment. Graduates are prepared to meet the challenges at the intersection between big data, business analytics, and other emerging fields.
Program Learning Goals
- To meet the growing demand for high-level information systems/science skills
- To provide a path for individuals from diverse fields to rapidly transition to data science careers
- Enable established IT and computing professionals to upgrade technical management and development skills
- Prepare graduates to apply data science techniques for knowledge discovery and dissemination to assist researchers or decision-makers in achieving organizational objectives
- Create innovators, entrepreneurs, and business professionals who will lead the development of next-generation information systems
This program will prepare students for such job positions as Data analyst, Data science/analytics manager, Database administrator, Database administrator, Big data engineer, Data mining engineer, Machine learning engineer, Data architect, Hadoop engineer, Data warehouse architect, Commercial intelligence manager, Competitive intelligence analyst, Consultant, strategic business and technology intelligence, Manager of market intelligence, Director of enterprise strategy, and Director of global intelligence.
The BA degree in Data Science is earned by completing the program course requirements of 120 credit hours. Of these credit hours, 60 credits are core courses, 39 general education credits, and 21 core elective credits. Students must meet their core requirements as well as their general education requirements. In addition, students must meet the following criteria:
- Students enrolled in the undergraduate program must maintain a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 2.0 out of 4.0 to qualify for the BA degree, to remain in good standing, and to graduate.
- The Maximum Time Frame (MTF) for completion of the BA program is 180 credits.
- An undergraduate student may transfer up to 60 credit hours earned at accredited institutions.
- No degree credit is received by an undergraduate for any failing grade (a grade less than D, or 1.00 out of 4.00-grade points).
About the School
Bay Atlantic University was established in 2013 as a private but non-profit institution of higher education which aims at providing a unique and invaluable opportunity to train world citizens who poss ... Read More