Computer science (CS) is the fundamental scientific and practical approach to computation and its applications. A computer scientist concentrates on the theory of computation and the design of computational systems. The program objectives aim at producing graduates who are prepared for careers in the CS profession and be able to receive an advanced degree in CS-related areas. The graduates are prepared to work for industry or government agencies, or are in private practice, be able to demonstrate competence and are successfully contributing to the UAE computer science and information technology workforce.
- Serve UAE government agencies and industry with a broad-based knowledge of computer science, related principles, theories, and applications.
- Provide UAE government agencies and industry the capacity in designing, analyzing, testing, and implementing computer systems.
- Meet workplace expectations with a set of professional skills including communication skills, identification of opportunity and risk, ability to perform well in teams, and a commitment to life-long learning.
- Be committed to the highest standards of ethical practice and to social and environmental issues relevant to the computer science profession.
- Be aware of the tools and skills necessary for participating effectively in building a healthy, diverse and sustainable UAE economy.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
About the School
The United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling approximately 13,900 students, with more than 900 faculty and 65,000 alumni holding key positions ... Read More