The BS in Computer Science (BSCSC) is designed to provide the student with a strong core understanding of the concepts of computation and information management using modern software and hardware.
The program’s educational objectives are to produce graduates who will:
- Be able to carry out advanced work in specific areas of computer science;
- Be able to perform hands-on work in computer science;
- Be able to learn and apply new techniques and technologies in computer science; and
- Be able to succeed in graduate programs in computer science or related fields.
The Bachelor of Science in Computer Science program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Intended Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the BSCSC program will have obtained the following student outcomes:
- An ability to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the discipline.
- An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs.
- An ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal.
- An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security, and social issues and responsibilities.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society.
- An ability to recognize the need for, and to engage in continuing professional development.
- An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practices.
- An ability to apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science theory in the modeling and design of computer-based systems in a way that demonstrates comprehension of the tradeoffs involved in design choices.
- An ability to apply design and development principles in the construction of software systems of varying complexity.
About the School
Inaugurated in 1995 by His Majesty King Hassan II and Crown Prince Abdallah bin Abdel-Aziz of Saudi Arabia, Al Akhawayn University redefines the classic American liberal arts educational experience at ... Read More