Make Your Mark in the World of Technology with Liberty University's Computer Science Degree
If working with technology and problem-solving are things that interest you, then a bachelor’s degree in computer science might be the perfect college degree for you! The computer science field grows every year, and with new technological advances, it doesn’t show any signs of slowing down. With a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from Liberty University, you can enter the competitive and lucrative world of technology.
By pursuing Liberty's general track, you can choose which computer science classes you’d like to specialize in and personalize your degree to your interests and career goals. You will develop your logic and reasoning capabilities and acquire the skills that will enable you to analyze problems and design, implement, and test software solutions.
At Liberty University, Liberty's goal is to develop men and women who can go into the workforce with the knowledge and skills to be a successful and positive force in the computer science field. As their professors teach from a Christian worldview, this program will not only prepare you for a career but for life as well. As one of the largest Christian residential universities in the nation, Liberty has the resources and the passion to help you succeed in the technology field.
Why Choose Liberty’s Computer Science – General Track Bachelor’s Degree?
A Bachelor of Science in Computer Science degree can unlock the doors to many career choices, most with above-average income and advancement opportunities. Liberty's general track gives you the ability to choose what areas of computer science interest you the most. You can customize your degree, using free electives, with courses that provide training in areas of computer science you’d like to pursue.
Liberty's professors teach from a biblical viewpoint and strive to know you as an individual. They care about their students’ success and make themselves available for mentorship and guidance throughout your program. They are experts in their field and have years of experience to share with you.
The other great thing about their school is that LIberty has over 200 student-led organizations and clubs. Many of these clubs participate in competitions and events that can serve as opportunities to hone your skills or offer networking chances for future employment. Liberty's internships will also give you a chance for practical experience and the ability to turn your classroom knowledge into the hands-on experience as you learn while working alongside seasoned professionals.
Liberty'scomputer science program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET. ABET accredits postsecondary degree-granting programs housed within regionally accredited institutions. They accredit programs only, not degrees, departments, colleges, or institutions. This accreditation will ensure that your resume will be well respected in your chosen field.
What Will You Learn in Liberty's Bachelor’s in Computer Science – General Track Degree?
Liberty University’s bachelor’s in computer science general track provides training in the fundamentals, principles, and practices of computer science necessary for employment or moving on to graduate studies. The overall goal of Liberty University is to produce professional men and women who can display the Christian principles that are the basis for their professional ethics and behavior.
Throughout this degree, you will:
- Learn to design, implement and evaluate computer-based systems, processes, components or programs to meet desired needs.
- Study how to apply design and development principles in the construction of software systems of varying complexity.
- Learn how to communicate with a wide range of audiences. This skill ties into the ability to function and work as part of a team to accomplish a common goal.
Highlights of Liberty's Computer Science Degrees
- Liberty's computer science degrees have around 90 credit hours of general and major-specific courses you take before the specialization courses of your choice. This gives you some time to decide which specialization is right for you.
- You can pursue multiple specializations if you choose, due to the number of elective credit hours within the degree.
- As this degree is offered through Liberty's School of Business, you can take part in all that the School of Business building has to offer! Visit their 2,000-square-foot Entrepreneurship Center for Innovation, Center for Cyber Excellence and Center for Financial Literacy, and use the information technology labs and a networking and data center.
- You have the opportunity to pursue a variety of certificates such as Microsoft, SAP, Cisco, etc.
Career Opportunities for Bachelor’s in Computer Science Graduates
- Front-End Developer
- HTML Developer/ Programmer
- Mobile Developer
- Website Project Manager
- Software Developer
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Degrees
Every application is reviewed by the admission committee on a case-by-case basis, meaning there are no set minimums for acceptance. However, all applicants must submit the following documents* for admission:
- Admission application
- Official high school transcripts
- Official college transcripts (if applicable)
- SAT, ACT, or CLT scores
- Admission essay
*Note that additional documentation may be requested by the admission committee after your application has been received.
About the School
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life. Wit ... Read More