Computer Engineering (CE) is a field of study that encompasses the fundamental principles, methods, and modern tools for the design and implementation of computing systems. This field spans and bridges topics in both electrical engineering (EE) and computer science (CS). Advances in technology are yielding smaller and higher-performance computer systems permeating into a wide range of applications, from communication systems to consumer products and common household appliances. A Bachelor of Science (BSc) in the CE program should provide a balanced perspective on both hardware and software elements of computing systems, and on their relative design trade-offs as well as applications.
- The program graduates should be able to practice computer engineering to serve UAE industries, government agencies, and international industries.
- The program graduates should have the necessary background and technical skills to work professionally in one or more of the following areas: VLSI design, embedded systems, network engineering, and robotics.
- Within several years from graduation, our alumni should have established a successful career in a computer engineering related field, leading or participating effectively in interdisciplinary engineering projects, as well as continuously adapting to changing technologies.
- The program graduates should be prepared for admission to top graduate programs, reaching advanced degrees in engineering and related disciplines.
- The program graduates should be well prepared for personal and professional success with awareness and commitment to ethical and social responsibilities, both as individuals and in team environments.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- PLO-1. Identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- PLO-2. Apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- PLO-3. Communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- PLO-4. Recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- PLO-5. Function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- PLO-6. Develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- PLO-7. Acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
About the School
The United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling approximately 13,900 students, with more than 900 faculty and 65,000 alumni holding key positions ... Read More