Civil Engineering is described as the entirety of the processes, required for design, building, installation and operation of buildings and constructions – analyses theoretical and practical issues of structures, production technology, construction technology, and organisation of construction works. The BSc programme thoroughly covers the scientific fundamentals of civil engineering and computer-aided design skills required to apply them, providing a range of opportunities to put theory into practice through specialist laboratory classes, project works, the group works using BIM methodology.
Top reasons to study at KTU:
- Building Information Modelling (BIM), applied in the study process, equips the students with the insight and tools to more efficiently plan, design, construct, and manage buildings and infrastructure.
- Wide range of industry partners provides the students hands-on experience in the class and on the site. The best students may be offered to be employed after successful practice.
- Testing ideas and technological solutions at professionals’ competitions “Technorama”, “Smart City”, “Structum”.
– Knowledge of design and design and construction of buildings, operational principles of the engineering systems for water supply and sewage disposal, gas supply, electricity and safety, and production methods for construction products;
– Design, supervision and management of the process of construction of buildings and production of construction products, solving of engineering problems of various nature;
– Knowledge of the materials used in construction and their essential properties, structures and construction technologies;
– Knowledge and selection of appropriate construction methods for buildings with consideration to the construction environment, costs of implementation, quality and reliability.
– Able to demonstrate erudition and knowledge of the latest achievements of construction practice;
– Able to identify and reasonably justify the solutions for solving of the problems in the study area of civil engineering using design, construction and production methods, principles for construction project’s organisation and quality assurance, technical measures and their management methods, and information modelling and automation methods for construction works;
– Able to collect and interpret the data of civil engineering required for solving of significant social, scientific and ethical problems;
– Able to convey information, ideas, problems and solutions for the audiences of construction specialists;
– Able to make decisions and solve in practice the tasks of engineering work in the construction process taking into consideration the buildings, their structures, engineering systems, construction products and technologies.
You may become
- Construction engineer
- Construction manager
|Proficiency in English|
IELTS ≥5.5, TOEFL ≥75, CEFR ≥B2, or equivalent
|High school certificate|
Maximum 3 years after high school graduation is eligible.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
The documents must be legalised (Apostille) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.
Minimum average grade (CGPA) > 60 % in each entry subject.
For more information about this programme, please visit their web page here.
About the School
Kaunas University of Technology - KTU - is one the largest technological universities in the Baltics. Known for its linkages with business, leadership in scientific research, flexible interdisciplinar ... Read More