Chemical Engineering is concerned with the manufacturing of products from laboratory bench-scale testing to full production through deep knowledge of fluid mechanics, heat transfer, mass transfer, chemical reaction kinetics, equipment design, plant design, process dynamics and control as well as process safety, economics, and management. It has an impact on essentially everything in our daily life from food processing to producing pharmaceutical drugs, generating fuels and even the manufacturing of silicon chips and other microelectronics. At the Chemical and Petroleum Engineering Department, we strive to help students see how a Chemical Engineering degree can accomplish their dreams and we establish the means to make it happen. The Chemical Engineering undergraduate program in the College of Engineering at the United Arab Emirates University is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
- PEO-1: Have successful careers in various fields related to chemical engineering and have leadership roles in industry/organizations.
- PEO-2: Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, commitment to ethical and social responsibility, and desire for life-long learning.
- PEO-3: Demonstrate innovative solutions for the industry through creative thinking.
- PEO-4: Pursue advanced degrees and careers in engineering, academia, research, and development, or business.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- Apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- Function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- Develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- Acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
About the School
The United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling approximately 13,900 students, with more than 900 faculty and 65,000 alumni holding key positions ... Read More