This program provides a strong foundation on the core and emerging subdisciplines of chemistry. It provides knowledge of and develops skills in undertakings such as composition analysis and testing of different materials and products, discovery of new pharmaceutical products and materials for construction, development of methods of pollution control and prevention, and formulations for consumer products and others.
Graduates of the program may engage in one or more of the following activities: research and development, laboratory analysis and testing, quality control, production, environmental pollution control, technical sales and services, and market research and analysis.
- To enable our graduates to practice as successful engineers for the advancement of society.
- To promote professionalism in engineering practice
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO):
Within the five years after graduation, the graduates of Chemical Engineering program shall have
- Undertaken, singly or in teams, projects that show ability to solve complex engineering problems
- Had substantial involvement in projects that take into consideration safety, health, environmental concerns and the public welfare, partly through adherence to required codes and laws.
- Demonstrated professional success via promotions and/or positions of increasing responsibility
- Demonstrated life-long learning via progress toward completion of an advanced degree, professional development/continuing education courses, or industrial training courses
- Exhibited professional behavior and attitude in engineering practice
- Initiated and implemented actions toward the improvement of engineering practice
STUDENT OUTCOMES (SO)
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- A knowledge of contemporary issues
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
Graduates of this program are expected to be involved in the preservation and improvement of society, in the areas of process development in energy generation and utilization, food production, resource management, and specification and design of pollution control processes.
About the School
Founded on January 25, 1925, Mapúa University (formerly Mapúa Institute of Technology) remains the leading technological academic institution and biggest engineering school in the Philippines.