Bachelor of Chemical Engineering Technology (HONOURS) is designed to produce the graduates with the ability to work in oil and gas industry, petrochemical and oleochemical. Other than that, the graduates will also be able to work in engineering service sectors, environmental, laboratories and also as a sales agent. They also can use the knowledge they acquired to apply in business and entrepreneurship if they are interested. They will be equipped with the knowledge in mathematics, science and engineering technology fundamentals. At the end of this programme, the student will be able to solve technical problems, use necessary skills and techniques in process plants and behave according to professional ethics at the workplace.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- To produce knowledgeable and technically competent graduates which practice Chemical Engineering Technology discipline in line with the company requirements.
- To produce graduates who are effective in communication and perform effectively as individual, team member or leader in an organization.
- To produce graduates who are capable to solve chemical engineering technology problems innovatively, creatively and ethically through a sustainable approach.
- To produce graduates who are responsive in life-long learning, research and career development and entrepreneurial skills in real world.
PROGRAMME LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Acquire and apply knowledge of sciences, and mathematics fundamentals to Chemical Engineering Technology field. (COGNITIVE)
- Demonstrate comprehensive technical expertise in Chemical Engineering Technology field. (PSYCHOMOTOR)
- Identify, formulate and provide creative, innovative and effective solution to Chemical Engineering Technology problems. (COGNITIVE)
- Communicate effectively both in written and spoken form with other employees, professionals and community. (AFFECTIVE)
- Function individually or in teams, with a capability to engage effectively with other people or team members. (AFFECTIVE)
- Understand and commit professionally, ethically and with humane responsibility. (AFFECTIVE)
- Recognise the need for and to engage in, life-long learning and professional development. (AFFECTIVE)
- Self motivate and enhance entrepreneurship skills for career development in real world perspective. (AFFECTIVE)
- Realise and demonstrate effective leadership responsibility. (AFFECTIVE)
- Practice necessary skills and techniques in process plant. (PSYCHOMOTOR)