The Bachelor Degree in Business Management is designed to develop an authoritative perspective and personal leadership skills that successful business managers need. From supervisor to CEO, this track helps students become effective managers in complex environments. Internships are an integral part of the curriculum. Through experience real-world experience, students learn how to prepare for their future professions. Possible internship roles include human resource management, consumer product management, retail management, and non-profit management.
- Demonstrate the analytical and problem-solving skills needed to meet complex challenges in business management.
- Apply a range of business management “best practices” in a professional environment.
- Recognize the importance of behaving ethically in a professional setting.
- Demonstrate the critical inquiry and analysis skills needed to engage constructively in intellectual discourse within the context of business management.
- Communicate effectively — both verbally and in writing.
- General Education Core Requirements (6 credits)
- ENG 111 Critical Reading & Writing I – 3 credits
- ENG 112 Critical Reading & Writing II – 3 credits
- Individual and Society (3 credits)
- PSY 100 Psychology – 3 credits
- Global Issues (3 credits)
- ECN 201 Macroeconomics – 3 credits
- Literary Perspectives (3 credits)
- ENG 102 Introduction to Literature – 3 credits
- Values and Ethical Reasoning (3 credits)
- PHL 104 Ethics – 3 credits
- Aesthetic Awareness and Creative Expression (3 credits)
- ART 102 Visual Art and Cultural Values II – 3 credits
- Quantitative Reasoning (3 credits)
- MTH 126 Applied Statistics – 3 credits
- Science and Technology (3 credits)
- ENV 150 Environmental Issues – 3 credits
- World Cultures (3 credits)
- IST 315 Intercultural Communication – 3 credits
- Free Electives (12 credits)
- ENG 103 Speech – 3 credits
- ENG 106 English Communication – 3 credits
- ENG 204 American Literature – 3 credits
- IST 100 Introduction to Global Issues – 3 credits
- IST 215 The New Europe – 3 credits
- Business Requirements (55 credits)
- ECN 202 Microeconomics – 3 credits
- ACC 175 Financial Accounting – 3 credits
- ACC 185 Managerial Accounting – 3 credits
- BUS 110 Business Computers I – 3 credits
- BUS 120 Business Fundamentals I – 3 credits
- BUS 121 Business Fundamentals II – 3 credits
- BUS 200 Marketing – 3 credits
- BUS 210 Finance – 3 credits
- BUS 270 Communication in Business – 3 credits
- BUS 305 Human Resource Management – 3 credits
- BUS 320 Organizational Behavior – 3 credits
- BUS 325 Operations Management – 3 credits
- BUS 370 Business Analysis and Research – 3 credits
- BUS 415 Business Negotiation – 3 credits
- BUS 450 Dynamics of Leadership – 3 credits
- BUS 489 Senior Thesis I – 3 credits
- BUS 490 Senior Thesis II – 3 credits
- ECN 302 Intermediate Microeconomics – 3 credits
- BUS 379 Internship Strategies – 1 credit
- Management Major Electives (12 credits)
- BUS 303 International Business – 3 credits
- BUS 348 Introduction to Business Analytics – 3 credits
- BUS XXX Upper Division Business Elective – 3 credits
- BUS XXX Upper Division Business Elective – 3 credits
- Internship (14 credits)
- INT 200 Internship II – 2 credits
- BUS 480 Semester Internship – 12 credits
Business Management is a program that requires 126 credits for a Bachelor’s Degree, 65 of which are completed in the first two years.
The program itself offers students general requirements, as well as elective courses that can coincide with students’ interests, which students themselves can choose together with the Dean of Students. To successfully complete the program in four years, students must also partake in a 12-credit internship program.
CIS/Endicott Students in Spain can complete the four-year Business Management, American Bachelor’s Degree program entirely in Madrid, earning an official Endicott College degree, or opt to complete the final two years at Endicott College in Beverly, Massachusetts, or at any other American college or university in the world.
The admissions process at CIS is very personalized. We closely examine the application in order to get a true sense of the person behind the document, and we fully consider the personal profile, characteristics, interests, and objectives of all aspiring CIS students.
The admissions process consists of five phases:
- Initial contact for information via telephone, email or in person.
- Personal interview.
- Two entrance exams:
- Mathematics Placement Test.
- English Level Test: For non-native speakers, this allows us to determine if you speak, read, and write English well enough to effectively study at CIS. For native speakers, this helps us to see how you think and write.
- Each student must provide the following documentation:
- Completed application form (either using our online form, by traditional mail or in-person)
- Official High School transcripts.
- Letter of recommendation (you can use the form included below if needed).
- An ID photo.
- Copy of ID or Passport.
- Application fee (100 €).
- Should you be admitted, you will receive an acceptance letter from CIS. At that point, you will begin to create your personalized academic program with our Academic Dean.
Upon being admitted to CIS, non-EU students must obtain a student visa in order to stay in Spain during the first two years of the program. The requirements will vary depending on nationality. Students should consult their local Spanish Consulate, and obtain information relevant to their specific situation. CIS provides non-EU students who are admitted with documentation that is necessary to help them to obtain a student visa.
Application Fee: 100€ (Non-Refundable)
(Required with the application form)
- Fall/Spring: 1.300€ (Non-Refundable)
- Summer*: 650€ (Non-Refundable)
*When attending our summer sessions.
- Fall: 7.397€ 12–15 credits
- Spring: 7.397€ 12–15 credits
- Summer: 3.458€ 6 credits
- Additional credit: 586€ –
Books and Supplies
- Fall: 340€
- Spring: 340€
- Summer: 204€
Tuition Fees may be updated each academic year.
About the School
CIS – The College for International Studies was founded in 1981, an American University, is located in the very heart of Madrid in one of the loveliest parts of the city. Our building is easily acces ... Read More