This flexible program is geared to the student who desires an overall conceptual foundation in business administration. Students majoring in Business Administration might be preparing for law school, entering into a family business, or some other specialized purpose. The program has sufficient flexibility to meet the needs of each of these career orientations. (Accredited by NCFHE)
How to Apply for Undergraduate Admissions
We know the application process to university can feel like a daunting and complex task. At the American University of Malta, we've tried to make applying to our university as simple as possible, and while it is a relatively straightforward process, we do require several supporting documents. Below you will find an easy to follow checklist of items you will need to submit, followed with more specific information for each requirement.
Undergraduate Application Checklist and Requirements
- Completed A.U.M. undergraduate application
- Official secondary school records
- English Language Proficiency Scores
- SAT scores (where applicable)
- Counselor or teacher letter of recommendation
- Documentation of extracurricular activities or other achievements
- Personal statement
- Application Fee
Secondary School Records
You will need to submit your secondary school records along with your completed undergraduate application. If your school records are in a language other than English, you will also need to include a certified translation.
All students admitted to A.U.M. are required to have completed 12 years of schooling and to have a minimum cumulative grade average of 80 or its equivalent.
Common secondary education certificates that A.U.M. accepts are:
- American style high school diploma or certificate
- AP program
- British System combination of:
- GCSE/IGSCE "O" Levels: five subject exams with grades of A, B, C or D, and
- A/S or A Levels: three subject exams with grades of A, B, C or D
Maltese System combination of:
- Matriculation Certificate, and
- Secondary Education Certificate (SEC) examinations in English language, Maltese and Mathematics*, and
- A/S or A Levels: three subjects exams with grades of A, B, C or D
IB certificate Other school leaving certificate
English Language Proficiency Score
A.U.M. classes are taught in English and, as such, A.U.M. requires demonstrated proficiency in the language. One of the following exams will meet this requirement and you will need to enter our school code to have the results sent directly to us.
- TOEFL (You are able to have your scores sent directly to us by using our school code B757) - A.U.M. accepts the following minimum TOEFL scores: PBT 550 or above iBT 79-80 or above CBT 213 or above
- IELTS - A.U.M. accepts a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 or above, or
- ACT - A.U.M. accepts a minimum reading score of 18 and English score of 20
- SAT You are able to have your results sent directly to us by using our school code 7057 - A.U.M. accepts a minimum reading and writing score of 550
The English language proficiency requirement can be waived if you meet one or more of the following:
- You are a native speaker of English and you have completed your secondary education in an English medium institution in a country where English is the official language
- You are a student admitted to an institution in which English is the language of instruction and have attended at least four years
A.U.M. reserves the right to request English test results from any applicant.
The SAT is only required from students that will obtain an American style high school diploma.
- SAT Have your scores sent directly to A.U.M. by using our school code 7057 - A.U.M. accepts a minimum SAT score of 550 or above
Program taught in: