The B.Sc. in Biochemistry program provides students with a strong foundation in all areas of chemistry, with emphasis on biochemistry. Students also develop a good background in the related areas of molecular biology and microbiology. Students develop practical skills through laboratory courses utilizing state of the art equipment and internship training. Students also gain strong IT and communication skills and have the opportunity to become involved in biochemistry research. Graduates of the program are well prepared to take up positions in the chemical, pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries or pursue further studies at the graduate level.
- To provide students with a strong foundation in chemistry and biochemistry.
- To develop students’ transferable skills in areas such as communication and teamwork.
- To train students to use modern lab techniques safely and effectively.
- To develop students’ appreciation of the role of biochemistry and scientific research in modern life.
- To prepare students for a successful career or further studies in chemistry and biochemistry.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of major concepts, theoretical principles and experimental findings in chemistry, biochemistry, and biology.
- Conduct biochemistry laboratory experiments and analyze results.
- Retrieve and use chemical and biochemical information from the scientific literature.
- Solve practical and theoretical problems in biochemistry and demonstrate critical thinking.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Work effectively independently and in teams
- Conform to safety, ethical and professional standards of chemistry and biochemistry.
About the School
The United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling approximately 13,900 students, with more than 900 faculty and 65,000 alumni holding key positions ... Read More