Our Audio Production program is designed to respond to the rapidly changing multi-media nature of the entertainment industry. Learn how to produce audio for film, TV, games, recording engineering, live sound and more.
This program offers advanced training for audio engineering, music production and more, providing students with focused knowledge and understanding of recording engineering and foundational music and production skills.
The Studio, your Classroom
Our analog and digital sound labs are your audio playground. Here, you’ll log real-time on professional consoles, working with the same gear found in real-world studios, because this isn’t a hobby for you, it’s your life.
Creativity never stops, why should you? Students of both programs are outfitted with a MacBook Pro loaded with Logic Pro X and Avid Pro Tools as well as a professional mic and stand, headphones and external hard drive. If you are part of our bachelor’s program, you will also receive the Abode Creative Suite as part of your software package.
Hollywood, where you want to be
In Hollywood, music, and entertainment is in our blood. Here you’ll be neighbors with the most iconic and influential studios and recording labels on earth.
Oh, and let’s not forget all that sunshine.
- DGL101 Digital Literacy
- MPR100 Musical Listening and Identification
- MPR121 Music Theory 1
- APR130 Sequencing and Synthesis
- RCA223 Signal Processing and Effects
- MAT121 Quantitative Principles
- RCA232 Pro Tools Essentials
- APR240 Audio for Media
- RCA253 Advanced Pro Tools
- ENG101 Creative Writing
- RCA236 Mixing concepts and techniques
- APR260 Audio System Technology
- HUM110 Introduction to Transmedia Design
- APR270 analog studio recording
- APR271 large format consoles
- SPC214 Creative Presentation
- RCA286 Live Sound production
- APR251 Music business essentials
- APR300 Visual Media Essentials
- HUM251 Historical Archetypes and Mythology
- APR310 Advanced Audio for Media
- APR320 Advanced Post Production
- MTH310 Statistical Applications
- APR330 Advanced Sequencing and Synthesis
- APR340 Interactive Audio
- SBS305 Leadership and Organizational Behavior
- APR350 Advanced Mixing
- APR400 Advanced Studio Recording
- APR420 Mastering
- HUM420 Contemporary Art
- EBS441 Event Management
- APR440 Show Production
- ENG326 Professional Writing
- APR490 Creative Portfolio 1
- DFM330 Website Design
- APR491 Creative Portfolio 2