This program is designed to guide students in progressively assimilating the creative and technical aspects of the profession while developing in them sensitivity to their rich cultural heritage. It aims to develop well-rounded individuals prepared to meet the challenges and dynamics of architectural practice. Its training combines theoretical and practical aspects of the practice with emphasis on the optimum development of the students’ analytical and creative skills. It also provides computer-aided design and drafting courses, architectural internship, and correlation courses to link the students to the world of practice.
Graduates of this program are primarily trained for professional practice and may engage in the general practice of architecture or may specialize in the fields of interior architecture, construction management, sustainable design, and urban design.
- To develop graduates with mastery of comprehensive architectural knowledge, both in theory and practice and proficiency in technical skills necessary in the global practice of architecture.
- To produce architects with high standard of professional ethics, values, attitudes and sense of responsibility
- To develop of graduates with a keen sense of history and culture in line with preservation of the architectural heritage of the country.
- To design the built environment in the context of ecological balance and sustainable development
- To develop architectural practitioners that could initiate and conduct architectural research and development for the advancement of the profession
About the School
Founded on January 25, 1925, Mapúa University (formerly Mapúa Institute of Technology) remains the leading technological academic institution and biggest engineering school in the Philippines.