The architectural engineering program prepares students to be effective players in shaping a sustainable built environment in the UAE and beyond. Students specializing in Architectural Engineering will explore engineering design, building construction, structures, electrical and mechanical systems, and construction management. This makes architectural engineering an ideal profession for individuals with strong math and science skills who are interested in the built environment in general and buildings in particular. The program and department activities reflect an outcomes-oriented approach, adopting hands-on active learning and emphasizing professional competency and skills-building while introducing students to innovative approaches to knowledge delivery and the use of computational design tools. Teamwork is also a key part of the study of architectural engineering as architectural engineers interact with the other design professionals in the execution of building projects. The Architectural Engineering undergraduate program in the College of Engineering at the United Arab Emirates University is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
- Efficiently use relevant building engineering knowledge and skills in professional practice.
- Effectively design and evaluate architectural engineering systems to satisfy client needs according to engineering specifications and interdisciplinary requirements.
- Successfully manage real-life engineering problems to achieve practical and optimal solutions.
- Commit to social, economic, and environmental issues and practice high ethical standards in the profession.
- Develop leadership, collaboration, and technical communication skills; and update knowledge through lifelong learning.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- Apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- Function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- Develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- Acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
About the School
The United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling approximately 13,900 students, with more than 900 faculty and 65,000 alumni holding key positions ... Read More