The Bachelor's Degree program in Agricultural Resource Management emphasizes the application of agricultural sciences and business and economic principles to the issues confronting agricultural and food producers, consumers, and institutions. Students will have an opportunity to pursue a rigorous program of study in agricultural sciences, economics, business and resources management, and agricultural extension leading to a wide range of employment opportunities within agricultural-related enterprises. The students are provided skills to examine domestic and global consumer interests and their impact on supply and demand for food and agriculture products. They will specialize in managing the country’s agricultural resources and offer solutions to environmental challenges. Students will learn economic principles, strategies, planning, and evaluation for both the marketing and management of farms and agribusiness by examining the efficient allocation of the country’s scarce resources and profit maximization for producers.
- Graduates demonstrate knowledge and skills in the agricultural sciences.
- Prepare graduates for future challenges and professionally manage the country’s agricultural resources.
- Develop the student’s ability to communicate effectively within the area of agricultural resource management.
- Prepare graduates to pursue advanced studies in agricultural resource management and related areas.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate basic knowledge in agriculture sciences and agricultural education and extension.
- Apply critical thinking skills to current and future issues in agriculture and resources.
- Utilize economic theories and quantitative techniques for postgraduate studies and careers in agricultural resources management.
- Communicate effectively, both written and orally, within the agricultural and natural resource context.
- Utilize research methods to solve problems within the agriculture sector.
- Identify, evaluate, and effectively disseminate agricultural information to the stakeholders.
About the School
The United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling approximately 13,900 students, with more than 900 faculty and 65,000 alumni holding key positions ... Read More