The Bachelor of Science in Aeronautics (BSA) degree is designed specifically for students who desire to work in aviation-related careers. This technical operations program provides an opportunity for those students new to aviation to acquire aviation-specific knowledge through aviation-related coursework.
For students with existing aviation-related Diploma or flight licenses, this degree acknowledges a student's valuable acquired experience by awarding them credit exemptions. The curriculum then builds on those skills and knowledge. Through the BSA program, you can:
- Gain a broad knowledge base of aeronautics.
- Be prepared for becoming a pilot, air traffic controller or regulator, and aircraft maintenance engineer.
- Benefit from faculty who are experienced, industry professionals themselves.
The aviation industry knows about and respects Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and our graduates, whether for positions as pilots, air traffic management, meteorology, safety, business, or Unmanned Aircraft Systems. Specializations available include:
BSA graduates pursue a variety of careers and internships with an airline, aviation, and air transportation companies focused on safety, training, operations, dispatch, and transportation:
- Flight Operations
- Air Traffic Management
- Aircraft Maintenance
- Drone Technology
- Aircraft Crash Survival Analysis
Applicants are required to have completed high school or at least 12 years of formal education and have either of the following qualifications:
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
- UK Cambridge International A Level Certificate
- Polytechnic Diploma or equivalent
- School Leaving Examination Certificate
The University reserves the right to make the final decision for admission to the program. As admission requirements vary from country to country, interested applicants are advised to email us or visit https://erau.edu/degrees/bachelor/aeronautics?campus=asia for more information.
Students are eligible for credit exemptions based on the subjects they have taken and the grades received, which can contribute towards reducing the duration of their desired course of study.
If English is not your primary language, you must either:
- Attain a minimum score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) of 550 (paper-based) or 79-80 (Internet-based).
- Attain a minimum score on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) of 6.0.
- Start Terms: January, March, July, October
- Application Deadlines: 15th April / 15th September
- Duration: 3.5 years
- Location: Singapore
- Degree Awarded: Same US degree certificate awarded to all Embry-Riddle students, irrespective of campus
- Curriculum: Same as Embry-Riddle Worldwide
- Program Fees: For the latest fees, please visit https://asia.erau.edu/admissions/tuitionscholarships.
- Program Delivery: Classes are delivered full-time and part-time in a traditional classroom setting, as well as online.
Where Our Alumni Are Working
An Embry-Riddle degree will open doors for you at top companies around the globe, with our alumni being highly sought after within the industry. Here are some of the companies that our alumni work at:
About the School
It all started in 1925 with the creation of the Embry-Riddle Company at Lunken Airport in Cincinnati, Ohio. Then, the following spring, the company opened the Embry-Riddle School of Aviation. What beg ... Read More