As Singapore's aeronautics industry continues to grow, so do job opportunities in the field. But just what exactly is aeronautics? Basically, it can be defined as the science of flight. Designing an airplane or another type of flying machine, manufacturing them, operating them, maintaining them. It all falls under aeronautics. That means you could be anything from a scientist to a technician to an engineer or pilot. No matter which type of aeronautics career you want, a good place to start is by getting your Bachelor of Science in Aeronautics (B.S.A.).
Awarded by Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, offered by ERC Institute (E.R.C.I.), the 120-credit hour degree program offers courses in human factors, security, aviation safety, occupational safety and health, air traffic control, aircraft maintenance and aeronautical science. Several degree minors allow you to tailor your degree to your particular interests and career goals.
Through the B.S.A. program, you can:
- Gain a broad knowledge base of aeronautics
- Be prepared for becoming a pilot, air traffic controller or regulator, and more
- Benefit from faculty who are experienced industry professionals themselves
- Unmanned Aerial Systems
- Security and Intelligence
- Aviation Maintenance
- Aviation Safety
- Helicopter Operations and Safety
Students with a Polytechnic Diploma, International Baccalaureate Diploma/Certificate, A-Level Certificate are eligible for credit exemptions based on the subjects they’ve taken and the grades received.
Applicants for whom English is not the primary language must either:
- Attain a minimum score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) of 550 (paper-based) or 79 (Internet-based).
- Attain a minimum score on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) of 6.0.
- Show evidence of attendance and graduation from a secondary school in which the language of instruction was English.
International students should visit Singapore’s Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) FAQ website for information on the issuance of a student pass/student visa. All student pass requirements will be shared with students when an admission decision is made by the university. Official/Attested copies of documents listed above should be mailed to Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Office of Enrollment Management, 75 Bukit Timah Road, #02-01 Boon Siew Building, Singapore 229833. Alternatively, students may make an appointment to bring original documents in so that an official copy can be made.
Full-Time (courses conducted during the day)
Students pursuing the B.S.A. degree programme at a full-time pace will take 3 courses each term. The 128 credit hour B.S.A. degree is designed to be completed in 3.5 years (4 terms per year). The course fees for the full degree over 3.5 years will be about SGD 64,000 payable each term (About SGD 5,000 per term). Students can also do 1 semester abroad (16 weeks) at our US campuses in Florida or Arizona during the course of their degree in Singapore.
Part-Time (courses conducted during the evening)
Students pursuing the B.S.A. degree programme at a part-time pace will take 2 courses each term. The full 128 credit hour B.S.A. BA degree is designed to be completed in 5 years at a part-time pace. Part-time students also have the option of accelerating completion of the degree by taking some courses entirely online.
Our primary intakes for the B.S.A. degree programme are in January and July of each year; however, students can also choose to start in March and October. A member of the Enrollment Management team can help you decide which start term works best for you.
- $530 SGD per credit + GST
- All courses are 3 credits = $1,590 SGD per course + GST (including basic English and Math courses, ENGL 106, ENGL 109, MATH 106 and MATH 109) and online courses
- International Students Administration Fees Bachelor’s and Master’s: $1,070 SGD must be paid before student pass process begins
- Immigrations & Checkpoints Authority Student pass fee and Medical Exam fee (optional) are paid separately by the student
Rolling admission throughout the year
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 29, 2017