The Accounting Program is designed to provide students with general education, business core, and accounting knowledge necessary for entering the accounting profession in courses throughout the curriculum.
The Accounting Program is a 124 credit hours curriculum. The program places additional emphasis on the development of competencies in analytical, interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills. Students are expected to solve problems, make oral presentations, complete written assignments, and complete group projects in courses throughout the curriculum.
- A Grade of "C" or better must be earned in all Business Courses and E 150, E 151, M 154, M 155.
- Students who do not pass the English Language Proficiency Test must enroll in ENGL152 and pass.
- Accounting Electives must be taken from a list of courses approved by the Department (ACCT 315, 316, 407, 419, 499, BA304
- Students are advised to take two classes (6 credits) of one foreign language for free electives.
- General Education electives must be courses taken outside the Business Program (eg. Speech(S 150), Public Speaking (S 250), Math (M 150/151/152/153) or Technology (CS 150/151).
This school offers programs in: