Bachelor of Science in Accounting
The Carson-Newman Department of Business provides students an opportunity for a unique learning experience in a Christian liberal arts environment. The Department of Business adopts the Carson-Newman University Statement of Purpose as it endeavors to educate its students broadly in areas relevant to their future roles as Christian business and community leaders in a global society.
The Department of Business strives to:
- become a premier business program.
- teach with excellence in a professional, caring and nurturing manner.
- present a progressive curriculum that is challenging and integrated.
- produce professionally, ethically, and technically prepared servant leaders.
- contribute to the environmental preservation & economic development of the region.
- provide students with Christian leadership and mentoring models.
The Accounting major at Carson-Newman prepares students for a variety of career opportunities, including public accounting, industry, and government.
Students may complete the requirements for the accounting major at Carson-Newman and graduate with 128 credit hours. The CPA exam requires candidates to complete 150 hours of coursework, so many students are competitive job applicants and are ready for a variety of career choices, whether it is to work for a business firm, work for a government or non-profit agency, join an accounting firm, or enroll in a graduate program.