Forensic Science is an exciting and challenging discipline that requires a sound understanding of your chosen scientific field, an ability to apply this to evidence recovered at a crime scene, to draw impartial conclusions based on the physical evidence, and to present and defend these findings in court. Over past one decade, forensic science has become a very attractive profession across the globe, including the UAE as there is a lot of IT-based products which require security and as well in the criminal investigations. There is an increasing demand for professionals who have trained in the forensic fields to work in both government and non-government forensic department, labs, and security companies.
Upon successful completion of the program, the students shall:
- Get an overall exposure to various aspects of Forensic Science and its applications
- Understand the potential of Forensic Science through knowledge of Forensic Testing, Forensic Investigation, DNA Finger Printing, Lab Experiments, and Project works
- Develop various laboratory skill sets required to be a successful Forensic Expert
- Modern classrooms with Wi-Fi internet connectivity, projection systems.
- Approximately 1,200 square meters of laboratory space which is well-equipped with state-of-the-art scientific instruments.
- Advanced laboratory facilities for Molecular Biology, Cytogenetic-Microscopy, and Imaging, Cell, and Tissue Engineering.
- The state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are equipped with Forensic Science-based lab pieces of equipment such an autoclave, PCR, Real-Time PCR, DNA Finger Analysis, FISH Microscopy and Imaging Techniques, high-speed refrigerated centrifuge, ELISA reader, Inverted microscope, laminar hood, light microscope, microbial incubator, micro-centrifuge, UV spectrophotometer, UV-Transilluminator.
- Students are taught using conventional as well as modern methods, including whiteboard, videos, discussions and assignments/lab and project work.
- Frequent field visits to industries and conferences are part of the learning process.
- Students present their research work at regional seminars and are encouraged to attend workshops and training in higher level skills.
- Group assignments to inculcate skills to work in a team.
After successfully completing the BSc Forensic Science degree; the candidates can work in the following sectors:
- Forensic Laboratories
- Banking and Financial Industries for Fraud and Fake Currency Section
- Biometric and Personal Identification
- Law Companies as Forensic Analyst
- Cyber Crime in Digital Media
- Research and Development labs
For admission to the BSc in Forensic Science, a student must have passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry & Biology or Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics with at least 50% aggregate marks.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 16, 2018