The Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Finance (Investment Strategy) is a unique program offered by MERITUS UNIVERSITY that enables a student to build a holistic understanding of the eco-system of the finance and investment industry both from the business as well as technical aspects.
Unique features of this program:
- Have in-depth knowledge and insight in the areas of financial management, wealth management and investment management.
- Developed the ability to implement a structured methodological and scientific approach in assisting one to strengthen his/her financial position.
- Capable to acquire, analyze critically and evaluate data and information to synthesize a range of information needed for a complete understanding of rapidly changing international and national business context.
- The benefit of learning from industry experts for exposure to industry challenges and issues.
- Learn the application of business theories to real-life practical industry scenarios.
- Employability Skills
- English Language
- Personal & Leadership Development
- Ethnic Relations
- Foreign Language – Mandarin or Japanese
- Research Methods
- Business Communication
- Corporate and Business Strategy
- Finance for Business
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
- Introduction to Malaysian Business Law
- Introduction to Organisations and Management
- Marine Finance
- Marine Insurance
- Marketing, Communication and Branding
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Social Enterprise Project
Finance (Investment Strategy)
- Accounting Fraud
- Bank Operations and Professional Ethics
- Corporate Finance
- Derivatives I
- Derivatives II
- Equity Investment
- Ethical and Professional Standards
- Financial Planning: Process and Environment
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Fixed Income
- Fundamentals of Actuarial Mathematics 1
- Fundamentals of Actuarial Mathematics 2
- International Trade Finance
- Introduction to Cost Accounting
- Introduction to Fraud, Money Laundering and AMLA
- Introduction to Investments
- Introduction to the Financial Industry
- Planning for Business Owners and Professionals
- Portfolio - Building Wealth – Part 1
- Portfolio – Building Wealth – Part 2
- Portfolio – Building Wealth – Part 3
- Portfolio – Building Wealth – Part 4
- Portfolio – Building Wealth – Part 5
- Portfolio Management and Stock Exchange Simulation • Principles of Accounting
- Quantitative Methods with Big Data for Business
- Tax, Retirement, Will & Estate Planning
Minimum Requirements for Admission
- Pass Matriculation/Foundation in Science and Technology / Science / Arts / Business field or its equivalent from a recognized higher learning institution by the Malaysian Government with a minimum CGPA of 2.0 or
- Pass A-Level with minimum Grade C in any 2 subjects and a pass in Mathematics and English at SPM level or any equivalent qualification or
- University Aggregate of 50% or ATAR score of at least 50 for various Australian Matriculation Programs or
- Complete International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) with a minimum of 20 points in 5 subjects or
- Complete Canadian Pre-University (CPU) with a minimum average of 50% in 5 subjects or
- Pass any MQA Accredited Level 4 Diploma or Level 5 Advanced Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 2.0 or
- Any other qualification that is equivalent and approved by The University Senate.
Foreign Students English Proficiency
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- overall band 5.5 or
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Paper based test score of 500 and above or
- Computer-based test score of 173 and above or – Internet-based test score of 61 and above.
* Conditional offer is considered on a case to case basis by the Admissions Committee.
Job Opportunities and Placements
MERITUS UNIVERSITY has established a number of industry collaboration through the Halim Mazmin Group with some of the leading organisations in Malaysia as well as around the region. Students will have the opportunity to conduct their project work with these companies or potentially even work for these companies when they graduate.
MERITUS UNIVERSITY’s programmes are carefully designed to ensure that our graduates have ample opportunities for employment by ensuring that not only our syllabus meets the needs of the industry but also to ensure that our graduates have the necessary employability, leadership and teamwork skills highly sought after by today’s employers.
About the School
As a niche university, MERITUS' unique approach to education is to offer a practical and effective blend of traditional, modern and experiential learning to ensure success.