The Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Business Management is a unique program offered by MERITUS UNIVERSITY that enables a student to build a holistic understanding of the eco-system of the business environment both from the business as well as technical aspects.
Unique features of this program:
- Able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge in Business Management with a particular focus in managing a business and to ensure the continued sustainability of the business.
- Have a continuous improvement attitude with rational and practical considerations in the thinking process (critical thinking).
- Capable of accepting as well as deriving solutions through both creative and innovative ideas.
- Appreciate the continuous changing requirement of businesses and constantly thinking of overcoming challenges faced in achieving a set of objectives.
- Equipped with employable skillsets that enable them to perform activities of managing a business as a professional ethical manager.
- Employability Skills
- English Language
- Personal & Leadership Development
- Ethnic Relations
- Foreign Language – Mandarin or Japanese
- Research Method and Academic Writing
- Business Communication
- Corporate and Business Strategy
- Finance for Business
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Human Resource Management
- Introduction to Malaysian Business Law
- Introduction to Organisations and Management
- Marketing, Communication and Branding
- Risk Management
- Social Enterprise Project
- Business Ethics
- Change Management
- Consumer Behaviour
- Corporate Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Customer Service
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Foundation of Sustainable Business
- Information Technology for Business
- Innovation Management
- International Trade Finance
- Introduction to Cost Accounting
- Introduction to Environment Sustainability
- Market Research and Analysis
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management
- Organisational Behaviour
- Practical ISO
- Principles of Accounting
- Project Management
- Project Paper
- Quantitative Methods with Big Data for Business
- Strategic and Responsible Innovation Management
- Supply Chain Management
Minimum Requirements for Admission
- Pass Matriculation/Foundation in Science and Technology / Science / Arts / Business field or its equivalent from a recognized higher learning institution by the Malaysian Government with a minimum CGPA of 2.0 or
- Pass A-Level with minimum Grade C in any 2 subjects and a pass in Mathematics and English at SPM level or any equivalent qualification or
- University Aggregate of 50% or ATAR score of at least 50 for various Australian Matriculation Programs or
- Complete International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) with a minimum of 20 points in 5 subjects or
- Complete Canadian Pre-University (CPU) with a minimum average of 50% in 5 subjects or
- Pass any MQA Accredited Level 4 Diploma or Level 5 Advanced Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 2.0 or
- Any other qualification that is equivalent and approved by The University Senate.
Foreign Students English Proficiency
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- overall band 5.5 or
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Paper-based test score of 500 and above or
- Computer-based test score of 173 and above or – Internet-based test score of 61 and above.
- A conditional offer is considered on a case to case basis by the Admissions Committee.
Job Opportunities and Placements
MERITUS UNIVERSITY has established a number of industry collaboration through the Halim Mazmin Group with some of the leading organisations in Malaysia as well as around the region. Students will have the opportunity to conduct their project work with these companies or potentially even work for these companies when they graduate.
MERITUS UNIVERSITY’s programmes are carefully designed to ensure that our graduates have ample opportunities for employment by ensuring that not only our syllabus meets the needs of the industry but also to ensure that our graduates have the necessary employability, leadership and teamwork skills highly sought after by today’s employers.
About the School
As a niche university, MERITUS' unique approach to education is to offer a practical and effective blend of traditional, modern and experiential learning to ensure success.