Banking and financial services is a highly competitive and rapidly changing sector in every modern economy and this Banking and Finance degree prepares you to tackle it head-on. In recent years, forces such as globalization, technological change, deregulation and international integration have fundamentally transformed the banking and financial services sector.
A degree in Banking and Finance offers you the opportunity to study the theory and practice of financial services and financial markets, and to analyze the broader role of the financial sector in the national and global economies.
The duration of the full-time programme is 24 months while the part-time programme is 36 months.
The programme comprises of 30 modules.
Students are required to complete a coursework or assignment or class test as stipulated in the respective module descriptor for each module.
- Introduction to Business and Management
- Business Study Skills
- Quantitative Methods
- Management and Financial Accounting
- Introduction to Economics
- Introduction to Marketing
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Business Information Systems
- Research Methods for Business
- Probability and Optimisation
- Comparative Banking
- Statistical Methods
- Business Economics
- International Economics and Finance
- Financial Accounting
- Principles of Marketing
- International Banking
- International Business
- Investment Banking
- Money and Banking
- Financial Economics
- Advanced Corporate Finance
- Financial Econometrics
- Principles of Econometrics
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Advanced Investment Theory and Practice
Interested applicants must possess ONE of the following entry requirements:
- Full GCE 'A' Level with 2 "A" and 2 "AO" passes OR
- MDIS Diplomas /other relevant diplomas from recognized polytechnics / PEIs OR
- Mature candidates with work experience will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
Applicants must be of age 18 and above.
English Language requirements
IELTS 6.0 with at least 5.5 in each component: reading, writing, listening and speaking.
About the School
The Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS), founded in 1956, is Singapore’s oldest not-for-profit professional institute for lifelong learning. MDIS has two main subsidiaries: Management ... Read More