The aim of the course is to provide an education which equips students with a range of competencies which support a career as Health and Safety Practitioners in both the private and public sectors. It is anticipated that such a practitioner will have the ability to make a contribution to their organization, community, profession and wider society.
Students will have acquired in-depth knowledge and developed appropriate related skills that are associated with competent Risk Management Strategies and Techniques.
Students successfully completing the programme and the necessary work-based experiential learning, and embracing the required professional body assessments, as required by the accrediting professional body, IOSH, will be prepared for the world of work as Health and Safety Practitioners.
Consequently, students completing the programme should be able to:
- Demonstrate a systematic understanding of the key elements of occupational safety and health, some of which will be at the forefront of knowledge;
- Apply the methods and techniques that they have learned to review, consolidate, extend and use this understanding to carry out projects;
- Demonstrate conceptual understanding so that they can solve problems, devise and sustain arguments and describe and comment on current research into occupational safety and health;
- Demonstrate an evidence-based approach and an appreciation of the limits of knowledge;
- Manage their own research and learning and be continually aware of where the limits of their own knowledge and skills lie;
- Effectively communicate information, ideas, problems, and solutions to the full range of people they will encounter at work.
- Method of Assessment
- A range of assessments is used including examinations, assignments, presentations, portfolios, and laboratory notebooks.
Candidates who successfully complete all of the course requirements will be awarded the Bachelor of Science (Hons) Safety, Health and Environmental Management by Leeds Beckett University (UK).
Level 5 (Year 2)
- Environmental Management
- Health and Safety Law In Practice
- Organisation and Safety Management
- Professional Practice (Shemb)
- Toxicology Occupational Health and Hygiene
- Understanding the Research Process
Level 6 (Year 3)
- Client-Based Study
- Hazardous Agents
- Hazardous Industries
- Honours Project
- Sensible Risk Management
About the School
The Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS), founded in 1956, is Singapore’s oldest not-for-profit professional institute for lifelong learning. MDIS has two main subsidiaries: Management ... Read More