Computing is a dynamic and fast-moving subject that underpins most areas of modern life. Studying computer science opens up this world of opportunity. From management information systems and industrial process control to robotics, the internet and 4G phones, as a computer scientist, you will be involved in shaping the world around us. To be an effective practitioner in this area requires the ability to stay up to date with rapidly changing technologies and the competence to apply these technologies effectively.
Students completing the programme will have learned the fundamental principles of computer science such as the theoretical underpinnings of programming and been given numerous opportunities to apply these principles in relevant social and business contexts. The theoretical components will have been examined and the coursework will have given the students the opportunity to demonstrate competence in the practical application of the theoretical principles taught. The final year project will have provided an opportunity to put into practice the range of theory and practical skills that have been acquired by the creation of a substantial software artifact.
Combination of lectures, tutorials and workshops in a classroom environment at Informatics Academy campus. Lessons are typically in blocks of 3-hour sessions.
- Full-Time: January, May, September
- Part-Time: January, May, September
- Current Research – U08027
- Foundations Of Computation – U08025
- Advanced Web Technology – U08073
- Advanced Object-Oriented Programming – U08186
- Network Systems Management – U08078
- Software Project Management – U08784
- Project – U08096
|Domestic Students||International Students|
|Full-time||S$ 15,515.00||S$ 17,976.00|
(Fee Protection Scheme)
|S$ 108.61||S$ 125.83|
|Non-Refundable Application Fees||S$ 107||S$ 321|
|Student Pass Processing And Administrative Fees||NIL||S$ 321|
All fees stated above are indicative and inclusive of 7% GST. Refer to the personalized PEI-Student Contract for a detailed fee payment schedule.
- Minimum Age:19
- Academic Qualifications:
- International Diploma in Information Technology and Communication and International Advanced Diploma in Network and Computer Security or
- Diploma in Information Technology and Advanced Diploma in Information Technology or
- Other equivalent qualifications deemed acceptable by University.
- English Language:
- IELTS – min score of 6.0 or
- Certificate in Proficiency in English awarded by Informatics Academy
- GCE ‘O’ Level – C6 or Other equivalent English qualification
Students will be assessed through a combination of coursework, project and examinations. Coursework may be in the form of class tests and assignments. Assessment methods may vary according to individual module requirements.
Upon successful completion of all modules, students will be eligible for the Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Computer Science awarded by Oxford Brookes University.
Upon successful completion of the Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Computer Science awarded by Oxford Brookes University, the student is eligible to apply for a Postgraduate programme.
About the School
Established in 1983 to address Asia’s need for IT expertise, Informatics Academy has transformed through the years into a centre of excellence in higher learning. By offering diplomas and degrees in v ... Read More