The BSc (Hons) Computer and Network Technology programme is designed to provide a challenging programme for students to demonstrate their full potential with respect to computer networking, software development and computer hardware in relation to modern digital communications systems.
The programme is the same as that offered at the home campus in NU in the UK and aims to:
- produce graduates of Computer and Network Technology with the necessary skills and attributes to take up careers in industry and commerce as computer and network engineers in the IT industry.
- produce graduates who can analyse hardware, software and network-based system requirements to specify, implement and outline computer-based network systems.
- equip students with an awareness of technology in the wider economical, professional, legal, ethical and social context.
- be current, relevant and informed by staff, professional experience, consultancy and research.
Ranked 35th in The Guardian University Guide 2015, UK – League Table for Computer Science and Information Systems.
The delivery of the Bachelor of Science (Hons) Computer Security and Bachelor of Science (Hons) Computer and Network Technology in the UK is accredited by the British Computer Society, the Chartered Institute for IT for the purposes of fully meeting the academic requirement for registration as Chartered IT Professional which is internationally recognised.
Assessments are carefully designed to ensure all students have gained a thorough understanding of their areas of study. The course is aligned with the Cisco Certified Network Associate industrial qualification, therefore students have the option to enrol in the CISCO academy course. Please note, this is an external organisation to MDIS and Northumbria University.
Other subjects are assessed in a variety of ways and, where possible, are based on a practical activity and include coursework and project reports. Where practical-based assessment is not possible we make use of both multiple choice question tests and standard examinations.
This programme provides focused education in the practice and theory of computers and computer data networks. Our networking laboratories are well equipped with the industry standard technologies to emulate the Internet with Cisco equipment and network sensor development environments to study “the Internet of Things” and a dedicated, networked smart home environment.
The core modules offered are :
- Dynamic Internet Technologies
- Network Technology 2
- Programming in C
- Advanced Operating Systems
- Professionalism and Project Management
- Sensor Networks and Smart Home Technology
- Network Technology 3
- Ethical Hacking for Network Security
- Wireless Computer Networks
- Advanced Operating Systems II
- Individual Project
About the School
The Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS), founded in 1956, is Singapore’s oldest not-for-profit professional institute for lifelong learning. MDIS has two main subsidiaries: Management ... Read More