The BSc (Hons) Computer Security programme is designed to provide a broad, general education in the theory and practice of engineering and computing technologies with the special emphasis in the area of computer security and network systems.
The programme is the same as that offered at the home campus in the UK and aims to:
- design systems for the resolution and management of computer security problems
- manage computer and information security activities
- design countermeasures to enhance systems security
- analyze current and emergent computer security technologies
- understand the legal, social, ethical and professional responsibilities when undertaking ethical hacking operations
Ranked 35th in The Guardian University Guide 2015, UK – League Table for Computer Science and Information Systems.
The delivery of the Bachelor of Science (Hons) Computer Security and Bachelor of Science (Hons) Computer and Network Technology in the UK is accredited by the British Computer Society, the Chartered Institute for IT for the purposes of fully meeting the academic requirement for registration as Chartered IT Professional which is internationally recognized.
Assessments are carefully designed to ensure all students have gained a thorough understanding of their areas of study. The course is aligned with the Cisco Certified Network Associate industrial qualification, therefore students have the option to enroll in the CISCO academy course. Please note, this is an external organization to MDIS and Northumbria University.
Other subjects are assessed in a variety of ways and, where possible, are based on a practical activity and include coursework and project reports. Where practical-based assessment is not possible, we make use of both multiple choice question tests and standard examinations.
This programme provides students the core knowledge relating to computer and network security, including an understanding of aspects at the forefront of their discipline. They will be able to evaluate scientific information, consider the relative merits of alternative theories and views, formulate personal opinions, exercise personal responsibility and be able to communicate their findings effectively.
The core modules offered are :
- Dynamic Internet Technologies
- Network Technology 2
- Programming in C
- Advanced Operating Systems
- Professionalism and Project Management
- Principles of Ethical Hacking
- Security for Web Applications
- Ethical Hacking for Network Security
- Network Technology 3
- Advanced Digital Security
- Individual Project
About the School
The Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS), founded in 1956, is Singapore’s oldest not-for-profit professional institute for lifelong learning. MDIS has two main subsidiaries: Management ... Read More