- Passes in at least five (5) subjects at the CSEC/GCE 'O' Levels. The subjects must include English Language, Mathematics, and Physics or Chemistry.
- Students who have successfully completed the Associate of Science Degree in Civil Engineering may be eligible for advanced matriculation (i.e. commencing Year 3) once they have a GPA of more than two (2.0) and not more than two F grades in a semester or more than three (3) F grades in the programme.
- Any qualification considers by the University to be equivalent to any of the above.
- Passes in at least six (6) subjects at the CSEC/GCE 'O' Level. The subjects must include English Language and Physics or Chemistry.
- The Guyana Technical Education Examination Technical Certificate [G.T.E.E.], Parts I and II in Electrical Engineering or Telecommunications
- The G.T.E.E. Diploma in Science (Physics or Chemistry).
- The G.T.E.E. Technician Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
- The G.T.E.E. Technician Diploma in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, and Surveying.
- A Technical Diploma from a recognized Regional Institutions or Colleges.
- Applicants with five (5) subjects, but without passes in English or Mathematics or Physics, are required to write a Qualifying Examination. Applicants without Physics can take the Pre-University Physics course offered by the Faculty.
About the School
The University of Guyana was established in April 1963 and began its operations in October of the same year with a batch of 164 students in temporary premises loaned from Queen's College in Georgetown ... Read More