The Biotechnology industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the world today, and is expected to contribute 5% of Malaysia’s GDP by the year 2020.
This is a multidisciplinary field that harnesses biological processes to create and improve products for the betterment of society. It is also expected to play a key role in solving current world problems such as food security, disease, environmental degradation, and climate change.
The Bachelor of Science (Biotechnology) (Hons) program provides an overview of the biotechnology industry and common techniques used in R&D. Graduates are trained to fuse their technical expertise with a keen understanding of this fast-paced industry.
- Pass STPM with a minimum of 2 Principal Passes (CGPA 2.0) and a Credit in Mathematics at SPM level (or equivalent), or
- Pass A-Levels with a minimum of 2 passes, or
- Pass Foundation in a related field from Manipal International University (MIU) with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 and a Credit in Mathematics at SPM level (or equivalent), or
- Pass Matriculation / Foundation / Pre-University with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 from a Higher Education Provider recognized by the Malaysian Government and a Credit in Mathematics at SPM level (or equivalent), or
- Pass Australian Year 12 with an average of 55% including Mathematics, or
- Pass South Australian Matriculation (SAM) with a minimum aggregate Tertiary Education Rank (TER) of 55 including Mathematics
- Pass Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT) with an average of 55% including Mathematics, or
- Pass Canadian Pre-University (CPU), or
- Pass International Baccalaureate with a minimum score of 24/45 including Mathematics, or
- Pass Diploma in Computer Science / Information Systems / Information Technology / Software Engineering (or equivalent) with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 (those with a CGPA between 2.0 and 2.5 will be considered on a case-by-case basis), or
- Other Diplomas with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 and a Credit in Mathematics at SPM level (or equivalent), or
- Other equivalent qualifications as recognized by the Malaysian Government, and
- English Language Requirement.
- Approved by MQA.
- Designed to meet International Curriculum to be in sync with the global benchmarks and industry requirements.
- Multiple partnerships with organisations to boost capabilities of the students and make them job ready.
- 100% Internship Opportunity and Industrial Training availability with the following partner organisations: BIOCON.
Successful completion of this programme opens up the door for exciting employment prospects in Biotechnology and for postgraduate studies in Biotechnology. Hiring trends in the Biotechnology industry entails:
- Biomedical Researcher
- Biotechnology Laboratory Assistant
- Biotechnology Research Associate
- Crime Lab Technician or Forensic Lab Technician
- Quality Control Officer
- Quality Assurance Officer
- Biotechnology Product Specialist
- Pharmaceutical Salesperson
- Patent Agent for Biotechnological Inventions in Patent Office
Program taught in: