The Bachelor of Science (Biology) degree provides an understanding of BIOLOGICAL PROCESSES at the MOLECULAR and CELLULAR levels. It offers broad-based integrating subjects such as genetics, biochemistry, microbiology and cell biology, and does not assume that students on entry have a strong background in chemistry. Both fundamental and applied topics are covered. Graduates of this programme will have sound understanding and knowledge of multiple disciplines and a flexible approach and willingness to embrace new technologies making them well positioned to have exciting and rewarding careers.
The Bachelor of Science (Biology) is a highly structured programme designed to cover both TRADITIONAL and MODERN BIOLOGY which emphasizes coursework and training in many aspects of molecular biology, genetics, phycology, mycology, ecology, enzymology, immunology, virology, DNA analysis techniques, protein isolation techniques, and recombinant DNA techniques. The programme is designed not only to train students in the necessary technical skills but also to provide them with the theoretical basis for continued study.
- Acquire fundamental and practical knowledge of biological sciences.
- Apply knowledge and relevant technical skills in biological sciences.
- Analyze or synthesize or evaluate theoretical or experimental data using fundamental knowledge in biological sciences.
- Communicate, with clarity and coherence, concepts and arguments in Biological Sciences.
- To solve problems using scientific approach in the context of their chosen specialization.
- Work collaboratively as an individual and as a leader in a team.
- Create awareness of business opportunity and entrepreneurship.
- Practice ethical values in professional practice and social interactions for sustainable development.
- Demonstrate the acquisition of the skills and attributes necessary for lifelong learning, including intellectual independence, effective time management and utilization of a variety of resource materials.
- Acquire and understand knowledge in contemporary issues locally and internationally.
About the School
In the early years of its establishment, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, School of Professional and Continuing Education (UTMSPACE) offered professional development programs such as short courses, semi ... Read More