- At least five (5) subjects at the CSEC General Proficiency (grades 1 or 11, (or 111 from 1998) or five (5) subjects at GCE 'O' Level examinations, and must include English Language and Mathematics and passes in any two of the following subjects: Agriculture Science (either Double or Single Awards), either Biology or Human & Social Biology, Chemistry, Integrated Science, Physics and Food & Nutrition.
- The Diploma in Agriculture from the Guyana School of Agriculture or its equivalent.
- A Trained Teacher's Certificate with a specialization in Science and a minimum of 3 subjects at CSEC or equivalent inclusive of Mathematics and a Science subject.
- The Associate of Science from the University of Guyana or its equivalent.
- Persons of mature age (a minimum of 26 years in the calendar year of entry to the University) who do not meet the minimum requirements but who can satisfy the University with evidence of recent academic achievement and relevant experience and a pass at the University of Guyana Entrance Examination (UGEE).
About the School
The University of Guyana was established in April 1963 and began its operations in October of the same year with a batch of 164 students in temporary premises loaned from Queen's College in Georgetown ... Read More