The Bachelor of Professional Studies in Applied Management is designed for working adult AAS degree holders who are graduates of two-year colleges, transfer students, and Medgar Evers College AAS degree graduates. The BPS in Applied Management allows students to build upon previous course work at the associate degree level. Typically, these students will have studied career or job-related subjects in non-management areas such as allied health fields, human services, or other vocational or technical programs yet lack an educational background in management.
After completing the BPS in Applied Management, students should be able to:
- Describe the basic functioning of organizations and work of managers
- Comprehend the legal environment of organizations
- Explain the role and functioning of Human resource management within organizations
- Apply concepts, theories, and principles from the area of management to real-life organizational situations
Medgar Evers College offers a unique range of classes that allows students to learn, grow, and explore their interest within a cordial and supportive campus community of distinguished scholars. With more than 20 majors to choose from, students are prepared for careers in fields such as business, health, social services, and education. Medgar Evers College offers flexible day, evening, and weekend schedules that allow students to work at their own pace to complete their degree. Located conveniently in central Brooklyn, Medgar Evers College is easily accessible by public transportation and to cultural, recreational, and entertainment venues.
To apply as a freshman, you must meet the following requirements:
- Show proof of high school completion. Official high school transcripts and diplomas, or official GED or TASC scores and certificates are accepted.
- Minimum academic requirement – High School average of 65 or 2250 on the GED or 2500 on the TASC. SAT/ACT scores (to be considered for entry into a four-year degree program)
- Provide proof of residency to qualify for in-state tuition.
- Pay $65 application fee
Applicants applying to a Bachelor’s program must have at least a high school GPA of 80 or a TASC score 2500 or a GED score of 2250 and the following scores: 480 on SAT Critical Reading or Evidence-Based Reading and Writing and 500 on SAT math, or 20 on ACT English and 21 on ACT math.
For more information about the curriculum, please access the college catalog.
About the School
Medgar Evers College has the distinction of being the youngest of the four-year senior colleges in The City University of New York. In the early 1960s, the Central Brooklyn community recognized the ne ... Read More