Are you curious about the billions of living organisms that inhabit our planet? When you are a Biology major at Felician University, you will have the opportunity to study the living world from the smallest cells to massive ecosystems. Biological sciences span a wide range of interests that include anatomy and physiology, molecular biology, ecology and evolution, and health-related biology. With a strong foundation in the basic principles of biology, you will have many career options available to you.
If you wish to pursue a career in a health-related profession, Felician University offers several accelerated, pre-professional programs with cooperating professional schools. These programs include: Clinical Laboratory Sciences, Respiratory Therapy Technology, Medical Imaging Sciences, Physician Assistant, Physical Therapy, Chiropractic, Audiology, and Podiatry.
- Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Minor in Biology – 19 credits in biology courses
- Concentration in Biochemistry – 49 credits in biology and chemistry courses to prepare for entry into graduate programs and careers such as pharmacology, biotechnology, and chemical analysis.
Points of Interest
- Plan and execute an original, hands-on research project in your senior year. You will complete this one-semester project in either biology or chemistry under the guidance of a faculty mentor.
- Get a head start when applying to post-graduate programs! Qualified candidates receive departmental letters of reference.
- Haven’t decided on a career direction? Switch easily between the biology major and our pre-professional programs, and vice versa, with our flexible curriculum.
- Gain practical experience in laboratory techniques in our newly renovated laboratories.
- Learn to think critically about complex scientific matters and ethical consequences as you prepare for the many challenges of modern society.
- Develop an appreciation of Catholic/Franciscan values as they relate to the practitioner of science.
- Doctor of Osteopathy
- Physical therapy
- Veterinary medicine
- Occupational therapy
- Physician assistance
100% of our 2017 surveyed graduates were either employed or in graduate school six months after graduation.
The average salary of Felician graduates is $50,112.
Where do our students and alumni find internships and employment?
Looking for an internship opportunity? Here is where our students have interned while at Felician:
- Disney World
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Irish Repertory Theatre
- New York Red Bulls Soccer Club
- Pepsi Company
- Prudential Financial
- United Nations
Here is a sampling of where our Felician graduates are employed:
- American International Group (AIG)
- Federal Reserve Bank
- Johnson & Johnson
- Morgan Stanley
- Teachers in the area New Jersey schools
Felician University International Students - https://felician.edu/admissions/international-students/
Felician University Academic Programs - https://felician.edu/academics/academic-programs/
About the School
Founded in 1942 by the Felician Sisters, Felician University is one of the few Franciscan universities in the country, and the only one in New Jersey. We’ve built our reputation with an emphasis on se ... Read More