MAHSA University’s Bachelor of Oil and Gas Management (Hons) is a 3-year highly-specialized, industry-specific degree programme for students who plan to build their career in the oil and gas industry. The management of non-renewable resources is a highly valued ability, and prospects for advancement in the field are good.
Some of the specific oil and gas subjects that will be explored in this course are supply chain management, economics, laws and institutions, comparative management of oil and gas, public policy management, public financial management, public infrastructure planning and management, health policy planning and management, community engagement, financial accounting, quantitative methods, natural resource economics, entrepreneurship, accounting, marketing management, records management, public transportation systems, land management and administration, project planning, production and operations management.
Other more generalised subjects in this course are organisational theory and management, organisational change and development, business policy and strategic management, human resource management, ethics and corporate governance, research methods, regional economics and integration.
Upon completion of this programme, MAHSA’s Bachelor of Oil and Gas Management (Hons) students will be thoroughly conversant in the subject of oil and gas and be able to successfully undertake professional responsibilities in this capacity.
- Pengajian Islam/Pendidikan Moral MPW 1123/ MPW 1133
- Principles Of Marketing ACC 1143
- Business Mathematics QTY 1153
- Professional Development 1 UCC 1163
- Microeconomics ECO 1173
- Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi MPW 1113
- Macroeconomics ECO 1213
- Health, Safety & Environmental Management BOGM 1224
- Principles Of Management MGT 1223
- Techincal Communication For The Oil & Gas Industry BOGM 1244
- Business Statistics QTY 1253
- Co-Op Placement BOGM 1323
- Introduction To Oil & Gas Industry 1 BOGM 1314
- International Economics ECO 2413
- Pengajian Malaysia MPW 2423
- Introduction To Oil & Gas Industry 2 BOGM 2434
- Labour Law BOGM 2443
- Human Resources Management MGT 2453
- Financial Management FIN 2513
- International Business BOGM 2523
- Commercial Law BOGM 2533
- Oil And Gas Economics BOGM 2544
- Operation & Material Management BOGM 2563
- Econometric Analysis BOGM 2613
- Co-Op Placement 2 BOGM 2623
- Business Information System BOGM 3713
- Operational Research BOGM 3724
- Project Management BOGM 3734
- Oil & Gas Accounting BOGM 3743
- Management Aspect In Oil & Gas BOGM 3753
- Strategic Management BOGM 3813
- Oil & Gas Value Chain Economics BOGM 3824
- International Marketing Strategy BOGM 3833
- Project Writing BOGM 3844
- E-Business BOGM 3853
- Co-Op Placement 3 BOGM 3913
Minimum 2 principle passes with CGPA 2.00
Grade B in 5 subjects
Ontario Secondary School Diploma
Min MUET Band 4/ IELTS 6.0/ TOEFL 550 or equivalent (Local Candidates)
IELTS (6.0)/ TOEFL (550) if 1st degree is from a University where English is not the medium of instruction; or Pass an English Proficiency test approved by the University (International Candidates)
Other equivalent qualifications
- Project Manager
- Environmental consultant
- Health and Safety Manager
- Operations and logistics manager
- Commercial manager
- Procurement and supply chain manager
- Quality: The Bachelor of Oil and Gas Management (Hons) was designed with industry experts and university advisors to provide quality education in the core areas of accounting and be highly employable both locally and overseas.
- Industry Linkages: Students of the Bachelor of Oil and Gas Management (Hons) gain work experience as part of their programme. This invaluable experience gives our students an edge in employment and help them make good contacts within the industry
- Affordable: Tuition fees for the Bachelor of Oil and Gas Management (Hons) are kept at an affordable level, to ensure there are little barriers to a good quality education.
- Flexible Enrolment Dates: The Bachelor of Oil and Gas Management (Hons) takes students on a rolling semester basis, allowing for greater flexibility.
- International Faculty: With lecturers and students from 56 different nationalities, the Bachelor of Oil and Gas Management (Hons) student gain a rich appreciation of different cultures and values.
- Awarded by MAHSA University: The Bachelor of Oil and Gas Management (Hons) is awarded by MAHSA University, a highly reputable university in Malaysia.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 24, 2018