Available Emphasis Areas:
- Choral - Emphasis
- Instrumental - Emphasis
This degree prepares you for a secondary education certificate, with a K-12 endorsement in music.
This program is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (N.C.A.T.E.).
h2>What Can I Do with a Bachelor of Music Education in Music Secondary Education?
The mission of the School of Music is to provide an experience-based education, balanced between performance and academics, that leads to successful careers and lifelong involvement in music; to enrich the cultural life of the surrounding community through high-quality outreach programs, professional-caliber performances, and other collaborative opportunities; to cultivate an environment where discovery, creativity, and personal and professional development can flourish; and to value tradition yet seek innovation.
To receive a bachelor's degree at Northern Arizona University, you must complete at least 120 units of credit that minimally includes a major, the liberal studies requirements, and university requirements as listed below.
- All of Northern Arizona University's liberal studies, diversity, junior-level writing, and capstone requirements.
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s).
- At least 30 units of upper-division courses, which may include transfer work.
- At least 30 units of coursework taken through Northern Arizona University, of which at least 18 must be upper-division courses (300-level or above). This requirement is not met by credit-by-exam, retro-credits, transfer coursework, etc.
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 on all work attempted at Northern Arizona University.